Quick graphics card decision.

99nasha

Fully Optimized
I did decide on the ATI 9600XT but I realised I havent got that much money. So I need a graphics card which will run Doom 3, Half life 2, and MOH pacific assualt which costs under £100

Ive ended up buying these games and their not working with this card

Any ideas?

99nasha

you know a 9500 pro will easily run those games, and a 9800 you might even find for £100 these days, look around. I'd stick with radeons though for that kind of money, else you'll be stuck with a shoddy GeForce FX version like the 5200.. yuck.

the 6600gt will perform much better than the 9800 pro, and its only £15-£20 more than he wanted to pay!

Very true, but I was merely sticking to the budget. (something I fail to do when shopping for things myself lol)

yeah i tend to do that, i end up buying things that are absolute junk and then having to buy a better type of it coz it dont work!!!anyway that 6600gt is defo worth the money!

Well, I say go the xtra 20 quid to get the 6600GT, you will be much better off. I mean, its clock speeds just prove it! 500MHz core clock, 1100MHz Memory clock on the AGP models!! CMON! I would say go with the Gainward one, AOpen is also good. I HATE LEADTEK though, steer clear of them. Get the AOpen for the budget, and if you want a slightly better card, get the Gainward.

BTW, the 6600GT will play DooM3 and HL2 at MAX graphics mode at around 40-60FPS NP!! turn the Graphics to mid High and get around 60-90FPS!

yeah thats what i thought, aopen are pretty good, does that aopen one have the 1000mhz or 900mhz memory speed!!

yeah that stretches the budget even more!!! still its a nice card wat ever company u go with!!

Back
Top Bottom