AMD heat issue

mighty_chick

Fully Optimized
ok my brother has a AMD 2400+ XP cpu and when we used Aida32 to see what kinda ram he had..because he didnt know and i just wanted to see his other specs also, it read that his case was 41 degrees and his cpu was an insane 55 degrees...now this is the problem, my celeron with only the cpu fan and now other fans other than video card, runs at 28-35 degrees and my brother has a case fan right beside his cpu so it should be running colder...both fans are working, i'm just wondering if we should worry about this

i wouldnt worrry neccesarily, other night my cpu hit 61degrees under 100% load!!! so im forking out for a new cooler soon! maybe ya might want to do same but i wouldnt see it as an absolute essential. my case only 19 though. case at 40 that prety high like! if you really worried then get yourself a new case and cooler.

i think celerons run cooler because they are designed for laptops ( so we're told) and so they dont take the power like a desktop computer, and so obviously dont produce the same heat

hmmm well am only on msn and this and my cpu at 50!
maybe some other guys can help you out here then....
theres quite a few topics on amd temps if you browse back

try putting more exaust fans onto your case if it can take them. Otherwise think about replacing current fans with real air shifters, they may be more noisy but should cool the case down. In terms of you're cpu i would recommed that you take the heat sink off and have a look to see how much thermal compond is on the cpu, if necessary put more on and make sure the heatsink is fully in contact with the heatsink. If this dowsn't work I would consider replacing you're heatsink with a thermaltake or something. My system is a 2500 barton and generally runs at around 40 c

try some nice water cooling. i love that. super quiet and it cools your system amazingly.

yeah it does, except it's a right pain to set up properly, you need to know exactly what you're doing and if there's a leak, well.....

you might have a rather expensive repair to make

but if you want to find out more check out http://www.overclockers.com and have a browse around

Back
Top Bottom