Gallery: Cases

19" CRTs are far too large. 17" CRTs are more suitable. Besides in games, if you set the resolution to high the frame rate slows.

Well, the frame rates only slow down if you have a GPU that isn't up to par. Any of the new GPUs play all the newest games at 1600x1200 just fine. My WindowsXP 2D mode is set at 1280x1024 mode. I love it, and wish I could push 1600x1200 on this PC... Sadly, I cannot!

It doesn't matter if the GPU is up to par or not. You will still get better frame rates at lower resolutions. I usually have my resolution set to 1152X864. My Nvidia 5900 is up to par. I'm just not a spoiled rich person so I can't buy the newest ones.

shizzzzzeerrr!!!!! i feel well bad for you m8 :< where about u live? (i would read the thing on the side of your name but i cant be botherd lol)how many pcs you built over the last couple of years then lol

Indiana, near Indianapolis, but really Geist area (on a lake....) I have built for myself 12 PCs over the last few years. For my family, I have no idea (alot..) So, many I suppose. It is getting boring at this point... I only like Modding anymore.. Building is just a chore now.. MODDING is where it is at!!

Yeah, your case looks very good from the pictures. Good Wiring. I am going to try some extreme wiring this time around, and some cool MODs.

big moniters are good man, ok so u have a 17inch screen at 1280x1184 or whateva and u have doom 3 running you get say 56fps on 1280x1184 or whateva then u have 50fps on 1600x1200 on a 22inch screen, i guess what i am trying to say is that theres not much differnce in frame rate of a slight increase in res and you dont get the jaggy crap around the lines :p also i suppose if your worried about refrsh rated if you have a bigger screen eg 19 inch then u can a lower res but still more space on the desktop and have a higher refresh rate !
so i gues having a bigger screen kinda does help :p

kind regards

Speedydowt said:
big moniters are good man, ok so u have a 17inch screen at 1280x1184 or whateva and u have doom 3 running you get say 56fps on 1280x1184 or whateva then u have 50fps on 1600x1200 on a 22inch screen, i guess what i am trying to say is that theres not much differnce in frame rate of a slight increase in res and you dont get the jaggy crap around the lines :p also i suppose if your worried about refrsh rated if you have a bigger screen eg 19 inch then u can a lower res but still more space on the desktop and have a higher refresh rate !
so i gues having a bigger screen kinda does help :p

kind regards

Back that up. My refresh rate is great.. I'm running at 1152X864.

KDS, IMHO is the best monitor company.

Back
Top Bottom