Copying files from drive to drive

d_source

Daemon Poster
I just bought a new PC, and i want to sell my old one, but before i do i must move all of my files from my old PC to my new one. I would say there is about 90GB of info that has to be moved contained in 3 or 4 different drives. What is the best way to do this? Is there some software out there that will move this quickly/easily? I have already set up my network so thats not a problem at this point.

network ur computers and share your c drive on ur computers and walla! you can copy everything over to the computer you desire to copy to :)

Righto CrazyJoe!! Or, take out the drives and put them into the new PC, and copy the files you want over to a new HD that you are putting into the NEW pc. Easy as pie! MMMMMM, Pie!!

OK, maybe i didnt make myself clear. I already have a network going so i can simply copy and paste the files, but its about 90GB worht of files, i dont simply want to do that b/c it'll take forever. I was wondering if there are any programs out there that can speed up the process. I know u can make a copy of a partition using partition magic...any better?

Well why do you need to copy them over cant you just move over the hard disk? Otherwise use a program that will break up the files into blocks so that there not lost if the process is interupted.
Good Luck

Umm, network is THE FASTEST WAY Source... Sry to tell you that. Just compress all the files in ZIP files, and then send them in 10GB chunks. That should not take too long.

OK, thanks for the help. I thought there may be a faster way, but i guess i'll just have to be patient, i just wanna play games and sh1t, i dont wanna waste time moving files...LOL

Back
Top Bottom