SO far i have priced out

-AMD 64 3500+ retail

-Gigabyte GA-K8NS-939 nForce 3 Ultra Motherboard

-Western Digital Caviar 160GB Serial ATA 7200RPM HDD

-Sony Double Layer DVD±RW

-Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BNA Aluminum Mid Tower Case

-Thermaltake Xaser Silent Purepower 480W

- Patriot 1GB Kit DDR400 PC3200 Dual Channel Memory Retail 2-2-2-5
?????is partriot good????? any other ram 1gb at speed latency????????

-LG L1715S / L1710S 17in LCD Monitor

-ATI Radeon 9550 AGP 8X 256MB DDR

I am wonder about the quality of patriot ram, and am concerned. Does anyone have any other suggestions for the ram , in the smae price range. And dont worry about ethernet cards and the sound card, i already have some extra ones.

okiedokie, should i go with ati, powercolour, saphire......?

and im more concerned about th aptriot ram, does anyone use it?????

HUM, you've got money! Better buy what is known; buy Corsair RAM with the same cas latency.
For the graphic card, since money doesn't seem too much of a problem, go with the Sapphire, especially if your brother is going to play games. For the LCD make sure it has a good response time in the 10>15ms and good contrast over 500 and with DVI; its' a much better connection.

Morpheus said:
msi or asus they are all ati
not quite, ATI has its own MAKE of cards so to speak, asus, msi, and all those otehr companies just take their cards and add a couple of things, essentially tehy are ati but not completley, anyways, alot of ppl go with ATI's ATI cards, the "built by ati" tehy seem to work best due to the fact that ati builds their cards better than otehr companies? gee lol how could that be, anyways, i got the cheapest 3200 ddr ram i could find, lol works fine :)
hmmm, get 6600gt the msi model :) or the 9600XT

Back
Top Bottom