Desktop Stretching?

Cam1

Solid State Member
Just bought myself a new PC and the onboard graphics card doesn't want to let me go over 1024x768.

Under advanced if I uncheck 'hide modes this monitor cannot display' it shows everything up to 2048x1536, this is where the problem starts.

If I choose 1152x864 (a setting I had on a previous computer) then the desktop is stretched off screen, and I have to scroll to see areas of the desktop that aren't showing. Why can't it squash it all into the area my monitor can show?

I'm using the same monitor from my previous PC, that worked fine. I've tried updating the drivers but no luck, is there some option that will stop it stretching off screen?

Cheers. :)

try and get hold of an ati driver, this worked a treat for me, the display was really small in the centre so i got an ATI driver and it worked, my screen is big again! yay!

regards
matt

The graphics card cannot represent the pixels - so when the graphics are sent to the Card to be rendered it only represents that area it can. You'll probably want a better graphics Card if you're going to want 1280 by 1024 (its a more general size than 11whatever by 950 or so)

if you want just a better screen res u may as well go with a x300 or somthing like that, that way ull have some power at least and it shouldnt limit your moniter thoose all important resolutions :p

yer the 6200 doesnt look bad at all :) isnt it all new architexture too? rather then the x300 being built on the old one ? (correct me if i am wrong lol i too sure)

kind regards

Back
Top Bottom