Spyware Adware and Virus issues, still there even after reformat!

6:00am and it's installed.

Work that 2.4GB!

I just received this from Seagate:

"Hello,

this is the Technical support for Seagate hard drives.
We do not support software that are not provided with the Seagate hard
drives or for the Seagate drives.

Thank you for contacting the appropriate spyware/software companies.

Regards,

Edmond B.
Seagate Technical Support"

Ha, thanks for the lousy support.

Edit:

It's all back on this new harddrive!

I finally snapped, i used a second harddrive i had, everything came back. I took my computer, threw it against the wall, ripped out the harddrives and did the same thing, then the same with my computer chair.

After a few beers, i'm fine now. :)

I'm online with a Knoppix bootable CD , sitting in a wobbly broken chair and a bent up computer case.

hey man...i had the same problem as you ...it sucks, i know, have you tried downloading the service pack first before you connect to the net on a fresh install? i had to...what kept happening was that as soon as my browser initiated, the downloads for spyware and malware and all those other wonderful things that are net-born (worms) sounds like that might be a bit of a time saver, i've gone through a crapload of computers cuz i didn't know what i was doing, i've seen and done all there is to do to a comp to destroy it(not my intention i assure you) but i've never had my drive do that to me so yeah....just try downloading the updates for internet explorer 6 and service pack 1 for xp or if you're using any other OS the the appropriate service pack for that OS. good luck to you!

Make Sure You Have Your Firewall Running Before You Hook Up To The Net.
On My Bros P.c, I Formated And Installed Xp, Hooked Up To The Net For Ten Seconds, And Had Over 10 Virus Reports On My Adaware Se.

i think indeed the spyware is not there still,BUT AGAIN.

this is where u find out how handy a router is.it protects u for wurms wich invite their buddys on your system.

i think u probably should get a system password for youre admin thingy,make sure system share is disabled and indeed service packs service packs service packs.the virusses that stay in the memory after reinstalling are very very rare.i think u just leave an exploit open.

i had a virus popup 3 times after reinstalling in a row.could have saved me some time just setting a windows network pw.

here i copy the help for the virus that was trying to entertain me with his frequent visits.

:Weak passwords on network shares.
The DCOM RPC vulnerability (described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026) using TCP port 135.
The WebDav vulnerability (described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-007) using TCP port 80.
The Workstation service buffer overrun vulnerability (described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-049) using TCP port 445. Windows XP users are protected against this vulnerability if Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-043 has been applied. Windows 2000 users must apply MS03-049.
The Microsoft Messenger Service Buffer Overrun Vulnerability (described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-043).
The Locator service vulnerability (described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-001) using TCP port 445. The worm specifically targets Windows 2000 machines using this exploit.
The UPnP vulnerability (described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS01-059).
The vulnerabilities in the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 or MSDE 2000 audit (described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-061), using UDP port 1434.
The LSASS vulnerability (described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-011) using TCP ports 139 and 445.
The backdoor ports that the Beagle and Mydoom families of worms open.

as u can see it will open a backdoor and offcourse there will be downloaders wich download spyware without u doing anything.

Back
Top Bottom