AMD vs Intel vs Apple (NO FLAMING!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple is not the best company out there! Amd and Intel are much much much better companies and make much better processors and PCs oh wait Apple computers arent pcs there Macs :O why do they calll them macs not PC's ( I know they run macintosh But why change the name cause of that,its like callin a pc an XP not pc because it runs windows xp)

Apple doesn't even make their own CPUs. They are horrible. They lie about their products all the time. Macs are personal computers. AMD Athlon 64s and Pentium 4s are substantially faster then the G5.

I never said Apple was the best, but they are doing very well right now. After the MiniMac and iPod were released, their stocks soared! They are a very good, underappreciated company. I still love AMD all that much more though, and Intel isn't doing 60nm stuff since they are still having problems with energy leaks from their 90nm move. They use COI (Copper on Interconnect) as opposed to AMDs new SOI (silicon on interconnect), which is why AMD 90nm chips are so highly valued, and easy to overclock. :D

They are NOT doing very well at all. the Mac Mini is a complete flop. Their stocks were soaring before.. it is called overvaluation. They aren't a very good company. They are overappreciated by a group of people who can't seem to grasp common logic. Their technology is antiquated, and old. Apple's stock is seriously overvalued, and is going to run into serious trouble.

If they are such a good company why are they losing personal computing market share?

MACs are called MACs since they do not use x86 based technology in their makings. They use something else I cannot remember right now. Plus, this is silly trying to compare x86 based AMD64s to the non x86 based 64bit G5s.. The G5s are very very good processors engineered by IBM (you are right Gian, Apple does not produce the chip itself, IBM does) However, Apple's unique bus controller setup is very effiecient, so they are very fast, and great for graphics design. Coupled with PCIX and a 6800GT DDL video card, the G5 is a good "computer" My Dad owns a dual 2.0GHz version (very nice) but the dual 2.5GHz version greatly excels above it. They are very smooth operating, and it is not fair to degrade Apple just because they are different then PCs... So they want to be unique, let them. I respect them for that, even though I like AMD more, I still GREATLY respect Apple.

AMD ZEN said:
MACs are called MACs since they do not use x86 based technology in their makings. They use something else I cannot remember right now. Plus, this is silly trying to compare x86 based AMD64s to the non x86 based 64bit G5s.. The G5s are very very good processors engineered by IBM (you are right Gian, Apple does not produce the chip itself, IBM does) However, Apple's unique bus controller setup is very effiecient, so they are very fast, and great for graphics design. Coupled with PCIX and a 6800GT DDL video card, the G5 is a good "computer" My Dad owns a dual 2.0GHz version (very nice) but the dual 2.5GHz version greatly excels above it. They are very smooth operating, and it is not fair to degrade Apple just because they are different then PCs... So they want to be unique, let them. I respect them for that, even though I like AMD more, I still GREATLY respect Apple.

They are considered personal computers, like AMD and Intel based machines. I have to issue a few corrections here. It is not silly to compare AMD to the G5. It is called market comparsion. Fact: Intel and AMD are more successful since they have a strangehold on the market. Fact: The AMD/Intel based machines have near to total domination of the market because of deregulation.

Deregulation is where many companies work against, or with each other. The PC market has many different companies making it more successful and competitive. Besides the technology in the PC Market (AMD/Intel based machines) is much newer and better.

The G5 is a very poor CPU and should be condemned as a product of deception. Additionally, the Athlon 64 defeated the G5 in their last stand, Photoshop. I'm sorry, AMD ZEN. But just move on. Apple is not defendable. The Dual 2.5GHz Apple can't even defeat a non-clocked Athlon 64 3200+.

Apple is horrible.

Well, if that is true Gian (it may be) then I still give credit to them for trying (they were the first) and they are hanging in there. Plus, iPod are GREAT!! If there is one thing Apple did right, it was iPods!! They are ahead of everyone else because they opened up with iPod. PCs, yeah, they might be the worst (I still think they put Intel to shame...) and AMD is the best, but I give them credit. MAC OSX is gorgeous in my eyes. UNIX based OSs are, and has so many more options then WindowsXP does. I give the lead to Apple in OSs... And they lead the game with the iPod easily. NO COMPANY can make the IPOD KILLER. Creavtive is coming close though!

AMD ZEN said:
Well, if that is true Gian (it may be) then I still give credit to them for trying (they were the first) and they are hanging in there. Plus, iPod are GREAT!! If there is one thing Apple did right, it was iPods!! They are ahead of everyone else because they opened up with iPod. PCs, yeah, they might be the worst (I still think they put Intel to shame...) and AMD is the best, but I give them credit. MAC OSX is gorgeous in my eyes. UNIX based OSs are, and has so many more options then WindowsXP does. I give the lead to Apple in OSs... And they lead the game with the iPod easily. NO COMPANY can make the IPOD KILLER. Creavtive is coming close though!

Like Enron? Just hanging in there? They are doing poorly in the market place. Their market strategy is horrible. They had a chance to deregulate themselves and let other companies product their machines as clones, but they didn't. They screwed up and payed the price. They have less then 2% of the personal computing market. I don't think that is hanging in there. That's doing terribly.

They aren't ahead of everyone else (not in corporate profits). Stocks don't mean much on the reality because much of it is speculation. Apple is overvalued by 600%. So please understand that. Investors were angered at Apple for their disappointment about the Mac Mini. The Mac Mini is a disappointment overall, failing to meet market needs. And the Mac OSX is useless for people like me. Windows XP is the best one out there for me, overall.

The IPOD isn't that great by the way.

I'm sorry, but apple just has no chance of overtaking the personal computer. It's just impossible, because PC's have such higher possiblities then Mac's do. Btw, why would I want a minimac... They perform much worse then a laptop...

Well, I am forced to agree here, Apple is overvalued, but I still respect their sense of individuality. As far as the iPod goes however, they are leading the market there BIG TIME. And I love my iPod (great battery life, and easy to use, plus very stylish and organized!) Long Live the iPod!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom