Media Player

Why would it need to be shut down? How do people in Open Source shut companies down if they're all free :D What is impressive is how people know what to do; even if its their first computer they know what to do. Its intuitive. That's what a GUI, for most people, has to do.

No, the company started out as a real coorperation, but they decided to break up, because software like that should be free (though even I would admit I wouldn't mind paying 10 or 20 bucks for a GUI like that).

The moment you put even Visual Studio on on its own; Winamp plays up either because my PC is not fast enough (which, for a media player, it isn't going to be) or because Winamp is highly inefficient. Or because its not simple enough? Eitherway - it is slow.

Winamp... is slow? Really?

MSN Explorer has no bugs; there just aren't any (obviously, there are technically, but there are no updates or patches for it and no security alerts) even Firefox doesn't have that. It doesn't have a vast section of the market it has to be said - but things like Safari and Opera have around that level of share; and they have Bugs and Patches. If I were Microsoft; MSN doesn't make much money anyway and the Explorer is merely a part of the paid service - I'd update MSN Explorer for Longhorn and ship it as Internet Explorer 7 to stop the Anti-Trust people thinking its Microsoft pushing MSN onto people. People do say the ony way to fix Internet Explorer is to rebuild it - that's the most efficient way.

Blah blah blah, they should just do everyone a favor and admit that IE is shit compared to mozilla, and tell them that if they want a "safer" internet, they should just switch. Now THAT would be what you call care for customers.

And you still haven't justified why their software costs so fucking much.

Nah; using honourable weapons does not represent a need to kill somebody; and it does not say killing in itself is honour either. The honourable weapon is that which makes killing; when it is required for honour (protecting people, protecting a country, protecting an honour) honourable. Machines Guns don't do this because they require no skill, no training, you point and one hits eventually. Swords of course are the best ones; any type generally bar daggers. Any kind of weapon on a stick or chain (Mace, Lance...) and of course - if you want a gun - Cannons suffice because they're so damned hard to use train for and gain the skill to use to your advantage (not just to break your shoulder).

You're right about machine guns, but killing people is still not honorable. Hand to hand fighting is what everyone should do. Killing people is not right anyways, so their is no honorable weapon. They're all just peace enforcing tools, not something we should praise.

I love my Asus motherboard, compatible with everything :>

rakedog said:
No, the company started out as a real coorperation, but they decided to break up, because software like that should be free (though even I would admit I wouldn't mind paying 10 or 20 bucks for a GUI like that).
Oh; lol. Why should software be free? Are you talking about Linux's Euphemistic 'Free' or the normal Free?

rakedog said:
Winamp... is slow? Really?
Lol - seriously.

rakedog said:
Blah blah blah, they should just do everyone a favor and admit that IE is shit compared to mozilla, and tell them that if they want a "safer" internet, they should just switch. Now THAT would be what you call care for customers.

And you still haven't justified why their software costs so fucking much.
Yeah - but it would be a lie. Microsost don't lie - unlike many Open-Source Companies with their theories on 'Free' Software. Their software doesn't. Their software costs what it costs them to create and covers freebees we all take for granted - MSN, Internet Explorer - the very DirectX which powers every reasonable game most people play - most reasonable High-Level Language Design and implementation (.NET specifically which we all use) and Support - which in Linux is practically non-existant.

rakedog said:
You're right about machine guns, but killing people is still not honorable. Hand to hand fighting is what everyone should do. Killing people is not right anyways, so their is no honorable weapon. They're all just peace enforcing tools, not something we should praise.

I love my Asus motherboard, compatible with everything :>
Hand to Hand fighting Kills people. Lol - what about Intel Pentium 4 HTs? :D

Heh stop trying to keep your anger inside. I don't mind flaming a bit in these debates, and neither should you.

Lol - seriously.

Heh, bullshit. Even real player is better then Windows Media Player. I love winamp much more because the stupid visualization doesn't take up your whole fucking screen.

Yeah - but it would be a lie. Microsost don't lie - unlike many Open-Source Companies with their theories on 'Free' Software. Their software doesn't. Their software costs what it costs them to create and covers freebees we all take for granted - MSN, Internet Explorer - the very DirectX which powers every reasonable game most people play - most reasonable High-Level Language Design and implementation (.NET specifically which we all use) and Support - which in Linux is practically non-existant.

Lie? Mozilla will take over, now that they plan on joining forces with Google. They should just tell everyone to abandon IE because it interface sucks and it's security is awful, and they should switch to Mozilla. Sorry kalthorn, but don't argue with this, you'll make a fucking fool of yourself.

It takes a certain amount of money to create on operating system.... but Microsoft could cover the costs if they sold their damn OS's at just 25 bucks. Linux is free, which gives it a far better image. Gates is all about money, I laugh every time I see one of those TV ads that says "We're inspired to make software to let children learn and succeed". BULLSHIT. It should be "We're inspired to create crappy software and rip off customers who over-value us".

Gates is a smart guy, but he's using it against the society, and to get more money himself. He should cut down the prices like 80% or more.

Who the hell needs your Windows lauguages. No one. VB sucks, teaches terrible habits for syntax, it's weak, and it just sucks. Everything that comes out just to work on windows sucks. I use linux all the time, so I think it's total crap.

Hand to Hand fighting Kills people. Lol - what about Intel Pentium 4 HTs? :D

Now that giancarlo is gone ( :( ), I have to take his job of drilling into your little brain that Intel sucks. The motherboards are crap, their CPU's will get pwned by AMD. I don't need to give reasons, Giancarlo and AMD Zen already told you all the facts. You're just a fool.

rakedog said:
Heh stop trying to keep your anger inside. I don't mind flaming a bit in these debates, and neither should you.
Anger? :D Lol; I don't get angry. Optomism Rakedog! Optomism! I have to believe everybody will make the right choice in the end and the right will prevail.

rakedog said:
Heh, bullshit. Even real player is better then Windows Media Player. I love winamp much more because the stupid visualization doesn't take up your whole fucking screen.
You can have a visualisation on Windows Media Player any size you want; you put on the Docked into TaskBar version and pull up the screen, or you go into Skinned Mode and popup the Visualisation Screen; resizing like a Video to whatever size you want. Real Player... is well... its not even Abyss :D The Abyss is bad; Real are just plain evil.

rakedog said:
Lie? Mozilla will take over, now that they plan on joining forces with Google. They should just tell everyone to abandon IE because it interface sucks and it's security is awful, and they should switch to Mozilla. Sorry kalthorn, but don't argue with this, you'll make a fucking fool of yourself.
We shall see :D MSN and Yahoo and even Ask Jeeves are stepping up in Search usage and Google's is going down. It was a brief bout as the only non-Yahoo Browser and it is beginning to be over. The MSN Homepage finally directs to the new Search Beta; the Image Section is going up and CNet have already put up the figures that Google is loosing ground. Firefox... is a fad; its a good piece of security against Internet Explorer 6 and its 4 year old technology. Its shown its not a good deal better securitywise to Internet Explorer 6 SP2 - and it will need a good deal of umph to keep knocking off users from 7 whatever it is like; if indeed it can keep its newer users.

rakedog said:
It takes a certain amount of money to create on operating system.... but Microsoft could cover the costs if they sold their damn OS's at just 25 bucks. Linux is free, which gives it a far better image. Gates is all about money, I laugh every time I see one of those TV ads that says "We're inspired to make software to let children learn and succeed". BULLSHIT. It should be "We're inspired to create crappy software and rip off customers who over-value us".
That's not technically true... if they were only after money they would be Apple. They cover the biggest company in the world; Windows covers most of this cost. It is possible Longhorn will go down in price compared to XP - Media Edition went down drastically anyway recently. 50,000 employees is not cheap; we both know that.

rakedog said:
Gates is a smart guy, but he's using it against the society, and to get more money himself. He should cut down the prices like 80% or more.
Bill Gates does not get the money from Microsoft - he does not need it and more will help him in no way. We may see price cuts on Windows; it would make sense.

rakedog said:
Who the hell needs your Windows lauguages. No one. VB sucks, teaches terrible habits for syntax, it's weak, and it just sucks. Everything that comes out just to work on windows sucks. I use linux all the time, so I think it's total crap.
Well if Visual Basic teaches bad synax you obviously started learning programming with Visual Basic - as you synax there was obviously not what you mean; although I think it was true. 'I use linux all the time, so I think it's total crap.' Visual Basic however not is about teaching synax - if you're going to be a reasonable programming you will have to know more than one synax; anybody who can't get over the VB Synax isn't going to be that - its about teaching programming. C# is pretty good too and simpler than C++; were I a teacher I'd teach that, but I'm not.

rakedog said:
Now that giancarlo is gone ( :( ), I have to take his job of drilling into your little brain that Intel sucks. The motherboards are crap, their CPU's will get pwned by AMD. I don't need to give reasons, Giancarlo and AMD Zen already told you all the facts. You're just a fool.
Perhaps... but its another thing we will see and I won't agree with you - you won't agree with me. Of course; when Intel beats AMD, you may still not agree with me - and if AMD beats Intel, I may still not agree with you - so we must wait. I have already been proven right about nVidia... what next? :D

Bill Gates does not get the money from Microsoft - he does not need it and more will help him in no way. We may see price cuts on Windows; it would make sense.

For a start that is the biggest pile of crap I have ever heard in my life. Gates makes billions in revinue from microsoft every quarter.

We shall see :D MSN and Yahoo and even Ask Jeeves are stepping up in Search usage and Google's is going down. It was a brief bout as the only non-Yahoo Browser and it is beginning to be over. The MSN Homepage finally directs to the new Search Beta; the Image Section is going up and CNet have already put up the figures that Google is loosing ground. Firefox... is a fad; its a good piece of security against Internet Explorer 6 and its 4 year old technology. Its shown its not a good deal better securitywise to Internet Explorer 6 SP2 - and it will need a good deal of umph to keep knocking off users from 7 whatever it is like; if indeed it can keep its newer users.

Plus internet explorer 7 will still have activex, meaning that there will still ways for malicious programs to get into your computer. Firefox doesn't even have anything like activex related to it making it much safer by default

dreamweaverdude said:
For a start that is the biggest pile of crap I have ever heard in my life. Gates makes billions in revinue from microsoft every quarter.
In theory - in practise the money made by Microsoft is Microsoft's - not Bill Gates'. Bill Gates is hugely rich for the money he made originally from Microsoft, not now, and the fact he gets paid a Million a Year for working there without Bonuses. Which is about as much as Steve Balmer gets paid and the Top Microsoft Vice-Presidents. I'm not sure where the line between Bill Gates' Bank and Microsoft's Bank is drawn - but the money making will of Microsoft is not his; its the shareholders'.

dreamweaverdude said:
Plus internet explorer 7 will still have activex, meaning that there will still ways for malicious programs to get into your computer. Firefox doesn't even have anything like activex related to it making it much safer by default
ActiveX is good; and perfectly safe with the restrictions on Internet Explorer even now. You only load up the ActiveX you want.

You can have a visualisation on Windows Media Player any size you want; you put on the Docked into TaskBar version and pull up the screen, or you go into Skinned Mode and popup the Visualisation Screen; resizing like a Video to whatever size you want. Real Player... is well... its not even Abyss :D The Abyss is bad; Real are just plain evil.

Okay.......... it still sucks.

Google? Losing ground? Stop talking bullshit. I, for one, will never switch to microsoft search engine. Firefox will crush IE. It's inetivable. IE sucks, get over it moron.

That's not technically true... if they were only after money they would be Apple. They cover the biggest company in the world; Windows covers most of this cost. It is possible Longhorn will go down in price compared to XP - Media Edition went down drastically anyway recently. 50,000 employees is not cheap; we both know that.

Blah blah blah.. they have enough money to pay those employes for years without selling a single product. And they'll never cut down prices. They want the money.

Well if Visual Basic teaches bad synax you obviously started learning programming with Visual Basic - as you synax there was obviously not what you mean; although I think it was true. 'I use linux all the time, so I think it's total crap.' Visual Basic however not is about teaching synax - if you're going to be a reasonable programming you will have to know more than one synax; anybody who can't get over the VB Synax isn't going to be that - its about teaching programming. C# is pretty good too and simpler than C++; were I a teacher I'd teach that, but I'm not.

C++ and VB are uncomparable. C++ is far more powerful, efficient, and better then VB. Get over it.

Perhaps... but its another thing we will see and I won't agree with you - you won't agree with me. Of course; when Intel beats AMD, you may still not agree with me - and if AMD beats Intel, I may still not agree with you - so we must wait. I have already been proven right about nVidia... what next? :D

But then again, Intel sucks, and whole forum agrees, so no one gives a crap about what you think. :D

Lord Kalthorn said:
Quicktime... :p Humbug :D

Windows Media Player quite obviously pwns Quicktime.

Or Winamp... if you're feeling stupid.

It really depends what you're after in a Media Player - don't use iTunes!

OMG... Lord K, you actually said PWN!! EVERYONE CELEBRATE!!

Back
Top Bottom