Are LCD Monitors as good as they say?

Are LCD Monitors as good as they are cracked up to be I mean I no its like a plasma whereas you have to get the right angle but thats not too big and also I have a book called Hacking Windows XP and it says only with LCD monitors XP allows a different feature called Cleartype what is it and what does it do

thanx

I'm happy with mine. I'd much rather use my laptop for video editing than my video computer with it's CRT. Then I have a LCD on my main system.

I hear for gamming and such they arn't as good, which is true. CRT screens look better at lower resoultions. Sharper and all. LCDs look better at their highest resolution. Things tend to blur, but nothing as compaired to older LCDs

Yeah, but make sure your LCD has a fast reponse time if you plan to play games: you will need alleast 16m/s respons but try for 14 or 12, the fastest on the marked is like 8

Mine's probably kinda slow... Both my laptop and main system are a bit cheap, but I'm pleased non the less...

Yeah; you get lesser resolutions generally - for instance you need a 192 LCD to do 1280 by 1024 - but you get higher refresh rates and nicer screens.

I've had my 19inch for about two months now; after using a 19inch CRT - its seriously better for your eyes and for using.

Personally, I like good CRT monitors, but that is just because I like high def displays. The best monitors are the small Plasma TVs. I used a 30" one, and it worked beautifully! However, it got totalled in my flood, so it went to monitor heaven... :(

I have a 19 inch Samsung Syncmaster 192n, I love it, I think the display is way better than my 19 inch crt monitor, although I agree that crt's are better for gaming.

The biggest advantage of the LCD is that you save a hell of a lot of space. I had a 21" Viewsonic before I changed to my 19" LCD and I saved so much space that I have my scanner on my desk now no problem.
But you have to be careful when you buy one. Depending on the video card you have and connection (DVI or analog); make sure that if you have a DVI video card to get a LCD with a DVI input, and also check and compare the different parameters.
Check http://www.pcworld.com/ it usually has pile of information on the pros and cons of LCD to help you choose what will fit your needs.

ya gotta get good ratio deally, the 400:1 or 600:1, etc try to aim for 600:1 or higher,600 is mid 400 i think is the 2nd lowest ive seen, and 850 is the highest, tho i cant find the 50 no more

Back
Top Bottom