Spyware Adware and Virus issues, still there even after reformat!

O 16581 72452 5

Baseband Member
Hi, i have serious issues with Spyware etc.

I've reformatted twice, after the first time i assumed the problem may've been in a second harddrive i hooked up and the files were copying to the main harddrive after reformating, this is simply not the case.

As soon as i reformat and plug my computer to the internet, my NIC's light begins rapidly flashing due to downloading enourmous amounts of Spyware and such. I ran a Spyware scanner 30 minutes after reformatting and found 600 files already, after deleting them, they came right back, i need help getting rid of this stuff, a reformat isn't doing it.

Please give me any suggestions you have.

Seagate are awfull don't mean to disappoint you but in future stay away from them. Now as for your problem try Seagates website and see what online help they provide, some companies like Western Digital provide online scans and I think formats that fix your hard drive oh and advice on who to resolve the problem. Then again you could just get a new hard drive.

I sent an E-mail to their customer support. I will update this thread with their response.

If they can't resolve the issue, i will search the forums as a last resort, the only reason i haven't is because it literally takes about 2 minutes to load a page at the moment (that is if my browser doesn't crash).

You have a 10 Gig hard drive!, pretty small for today's computer.
Why don't you do an Fdisk, delete all partitions, and start over. You may have a small partition that is the source of your problem. Also, are you formatting using a diskette or a CD! sometimes, a copies CD may contain spyware, which even after a clean wipe format, you copy the spyware files back on your hard drive....but check those paritions with Fdisk, you might find the problem right on your hard disk.

I tried deleting all partitons.

I'm currently installing XP on a 2.4gb harddrive (haha) and downloading Partiton Magic to see if i can do anything with it. It's a bit more friendly than fdisk.

Back
Top Bottom