PLLLLEASE help me. Evga 6800 ultra problems!

TheGreenGlover

Solid State Member
Hey guys. Im running a 3200xp, nf7-s motherboard, 120 gig hard drive, gig of ram, geforce 6800 ultra (Evga)

Anyway, this computer used to run fine, I mean it flew. It was great untill I took out my x800 pro and swapped it for a 6800 ultra.

I just wanna clear something up right now, if youre going to post in this thread ( You should of kept the x800) dont, because that will just piss me off.

Anyway, I had to divy up my 2 modular power cords from my psu. So I did that,I took one power cord from the Psu and attached a y cord to it and plugged the 2 ended side into my graphic card ( I called Evga and they said that should be alright) Then I used my other power cord to power everything else (Hard drive, cd rom, cd burner, ext)

Anyway, now when I boot up the computer it says "Detecting IDE drives" it doesnt go anywhere further than that, and the activity light on my computer stays solid instead of flashing, I also tried opening up my disk drives and neither opened( So I dont think its the hard drive). The guys at EVGA told me its something to do with my hard drive, so I swapped out my hard-drive for another and it still says that.

Someone also told me that it might be because I didnt deleted my radeon drivers. So i put in another graphic card to see if it was the problem and it still says "Detecting IDE Drives" Im thinking maybe I didnt plug in a cord.

Anyway can ANYONE help me out?

I need to know soon because Im selling this computer, and if something is wrong, I need to buy a new part to replace the broken one.

Anyway thanks in advance.

HE HE HE, I was going to say that. BTW, the eVGA is a GREAT COMPANY, GREAT CHOICE!! Their Customer support is great!

Back
Top Bottom