Favorite programming language

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what i thought, and im a musician too, but i thought maybe music and computers.. am i right?
hehe cheers anyways

This is sort of off topic but you guys were already talking about C#. I am in the process of learning C++ and I have no idea what C# is. Could you guys brief me on what it is and what it is used for?

and in that reply please do no post a masive post the length of a book which you can get down the local libary.

What? :D

C# is Microsoft's JavaScript for the Internet. Used with ASPX it yields vast Object Orientated ideas and programmable concepts. ActiveX of course makes it even better - and it does great Windows Forms too if you like the synax.

I assume that activeX is not a requisite for C#? because in non IE browsers that would make it, not work, due to the lack of activeX support.

No; C# is used in ActiveX - you don't need ActiveX for C# nor C# for ActiveX. Originally of course it was VB primarily with C++ available.

C# is best used for ASPX Sites to use Programming Dynamics in Web Site design - the sites and code sections are turned into Classes and translated into HTML using either VBScipt or Javascript to render in normal Browsers; sometimes XHTML and DHTML in higher browsers from the Server Side coding.

Its all really good :D You should use ASPX if you like Programming and want a website.

Lord Kalthorn said:
C# is Microsoft's JavaScript for the Internet.

For the benefit of anyone who may read the above, I would like to point out that not only the gem quoted, but the entire post from which it was taken, as well as most of the following post by the same author, is factually incorrect and should not be taken in any way seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom