Uninstalled SP2 for XP...My Worst Nightmare

Kuberr

Daemon Poster
Yes, I did the stupid, the unrecommended thing of all things. I uninstalled SP2. And as I was informed, my computer slowed down tremendously. Whenever I scroll down on Firefox or IE or even a Windows Explorer window, it takes a second for the new frame to load. What exactly should I do to restore my speed, besides deefragmenting my disks? Or am I screwed forever? :( :( :(

Try restarting because i after i hibernate for a while with a webpage still up it does that

Actually, I got it. It was the fact that when I uninstalled SP2, it disabled my drivers for my video card. When I reinstalled them, it worked. :) :D :D :D

Kuberr said:
Actually, I got it. It was the fact that when I uninstalled SP2, it disabled my drivers for my video card. When I reinstalled them, it worked. :) :D :D :D

well done glad you got SP2 off, lol

You really shouldn't uninstall SP2.

Why the devil would you? Why say good technoman! WHY!? Lol; you're all crackpots.

Anybody who hasn't had SP2 for more than 5 months is a crackpot.

Why? Well, I had the problem of an Application Error with the "memory could not be read" thing when I closed the program. I figured it was getting annoying, and after reading some other forum, I decided to uninstall XP if that was the problem. anyhow, after reinstalling XP and losing all my treasured documents because I was so stupid, it's fine.

SP2 SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yea im sorry but the only thing it really did for me was the great pop-up blocker installed in IE blocked even the poker pop-ups that were on suprnova before it shut down but now the mirror doesnt have the popups and plus i cna get a pop up blocker just as good in another browser....dare i say it....firefox. but firefox sux so there ya go and before i post this i no im gonna get yelled at by 100 ppl for sayin firefox sux but.....it really does

try putting more ram in your machine 256 sux get 512 or a gig.
firefox. but firefox sux so there ya go and before i post this i no im gonna get yelled at by 100 ppl for sayin firefox sux but.....it really does
if firefox sux what is your better alternative, have you got one...no

Lol; why would you get shouted at for telling it like it is? :D

Why did you uninstall SP2 if it was good? You just said it was good; it gave you the popup blocker - the ActiveX blocker?

What's wrong with it? :D

Back
Top Bottom