Internet Explorer problems

larrmi1216

Solid State Member
Help,

I deleated a trial program called History Kills, now I receive an error message each time I open explorer. The detail reports says an invalid page problem. Now the computer is stuck in safe mode...The only suggestions for help require removal of explorer. Will this step also remove my favorites sites? Do you have any suggestions to resolve this problem.

well your favourites will be stored in
c:/documents and settings/name/Favourites
so you can easily make a back up of them.

do you get an error when you boot the computer or just when you open IE?

jay8990 said:
well your favourites will be stored in
c:/documents and settings/name/Favourites
so you can easily make a back up of them.

do you get an error when you boot the computer or just when you open IE?

i am not getting at you but you should use a backward slash

c:\documents and settings\name\Favourites

Sorry for the slow response time, I am looking at the screen between work breaks...The error message only appears when I open explorer. Should I just remove explorer, and reload...Also should I back up c drive before I remove explorer?

larrmi1216 said:
Help,

I deleated a trial program called History Kills, now I receive an error message each time I open explorer. The detail reports says an invalid page problem. Now the computer is stuck in safe mode...The only suggestions for help require removal of explorer. Will this step also remove my favorites sites? Do you have any suggestions to resolve this problem.

ok, I have heard of this before...When a certain file is opened, it is trying to open with windows explorer.

when you say it happens when you open explorer, are you talking bout windows exployer or internet explorer?

if it is opening I.E , then i would go to that file it is opening & right click properties, and tell it to open with the right program.

example: if i had a .bmp file & it opened with I.E when i clicked on it, then i would do to properties of that file & tell it to open with paint/ or an editing program such as Microsoft Picture it...

under stand where i'm coming from ?

Yes,

This happens when I open Internet Explorer...Sometimes the program will work for serveral minutes, and allow me to surf the web etc, However, it will at some point, display the error message "This compuer has perform an illeagal action, and will shut down. the detail note, says
there is an invalid page, and kernnal number.

My local IT guy told me to select export under files,
and export my favorites to another location, then remove internet explorer, then reload explorer with the original disk. What do you think?

technoman said:
i am not getting at you but you should use a backward slash

c:\documents and settings\name\Favourites

lol wouldnt have actually known that! iv always just used forward i think, hmm dunno never thought about that

yah you always use backward slashes when directing to folders. a good habbit to get into or youll find your self saying, OMFG THIS IS EXACTLY WHERE IT IS and you get a lil error message and you throw your computer out the window, you hit an endgangered species, and your put on trial for war crimes for some reason. :p.

ANYWAYS, ever try mozilla firefox? It's good, but the suggestion you got will most definitly work, your basically reinstalling IE and when you do that all your files should be put back right and it will work fine.

OK,

Down load of internet explorer went well, all favorites site save. However, the computer runs really slow...taking several seconds to allow typing any new entries...Any suggestions for troubleshooting latest problem?

Back
Top Bottom