new computer!!!!!

joeyw368

Baseband Member
hi im gettin a new comptuer for my b-day(july) and have a budget of $800 USD to spend.I am wondering what u guys think i should get. Im building it my self and buying off newegg.com. i bought all the parts for my other computer of that site and i love their service!!!If you guys can help me pick out parts that would be great.i mainly use the internet, email,sometimes play games(my newest being lord of the rings : the battle for middle earth).

thanks for helping.

Joey

mmm, my system specs are, raidmax scorpion case with 420 watt psu, msi k8n neo2 platinum, athlon 64 3200+, 1 gig pc3200 ram(cheapest i could find), and then i spent money on heatsinks and fans, which is un necessary, cost about 750 after shipping with heatsinks and all, i used my old gfx card, sooooo. ya u could prolly get new gfx card also

TRD when are ur hard drive and tv tuner card coming???and what are u getting

-joey aim for a pci-e mobo, and get a decent pci-e card, that is upgrageable b/c agp is too old technology in my opinion

i have an agp card already though for my pc so ill probly use that. its an asus x-series v9400 128mb.its not the best video card but i got it for free so ya cant beat it lol.but ill just use this video and im goin to price out trance's system now.

Free= good, but why not get a mobo that has both agp, pci-e times 16 and times 1 To be ready for the future....and future christmas to get a pci-e to replace ur 9400

ull prolly have room for new gfx card, cuz mine was like 600 or so before i added the cooling devices, but i also got mine right before xmas, so they were havin sales :)

trance 1 question how fast is your system, because i multy task alot. i'll have 4 windows of firefox open,2 aol windows,programs while im hacking(nothing bad just messin with my grandpa lol) and running alot of spyware stuff

My hard drives is still on hold as soon as I can get my new parts in. The TV tuner card will be put on hold until everything's up and running. Soon though. I plan on getting the KWorld TV tuner, one of those. Probably the $47 one, digital tuner.

For my hard drive, I want to get a 80GB SATA 7200 (Western Digital) but had some bad experiences with installation with SATA. THat's why I'm waiting for the parts to put together and buying the drive here at a local shop separately. If I can't get the drive to work, I'll return it and get an IDE drivem instead without the hassle of shipping. I'm hopeful it will work this time. I downloaded the SATA drivers for my onboard controllers at GIgabyte website just in case if I need it. Hopefully, it will be like a plug and play thing and won't need the drivers. My mobo didn't come with one so maybe I don't need it. We'll see how that goes.

I'm also debating now about the Raptor drive. Fast, but expensive. Maybe later on, I'll buy that as an add on to what I have. I'm not planning on RAID now because the performance is not too significant to notice (at least for me anyways). The only thing good about RAID is redundancy.

Still waiting for parts......getting impatient. Must-build-high performance-PC......,NOW COme one Federal Express, where are you? I hope by tomorrow. sigh

Back
Top Bottom