activate monitor?

Ryo

Solid State Member
I purchased a new monitor and when I plug it into my computer and power it up it says "activate by using pc" anyone know what this means???

I think the monitor is havang a joke with you, or you are trying to have a joke with us.

The only thing I can think of is for you to install the drivers for the new monitor (most come with a cdrom for this). But of course you need to use the old one to see to install it, so if the old one dosen't work or you no longer have it, borrow a friend/relitive/cat's monitor and install the drivers, then plug in the new one, and it should work.

NetLight said:
I think the monitor is havang a joke with you, or you are trying to have a joke with us.

The only thing I can think of is for you to install the drivers for the new monitor (most come with a cdrom for this). But of course you need to use the old one to see to install it, so if the old one dosen't work or you no longer have it, borrow a friend/relitive/cat's monitor and install the drivers, then plug in the new one, and it should work.

cats? lol. Some pc's display different screens when it isn't hooked up right. Mine says No Service Available which makes completly no sense. Anyways, check to make sure the prongs on the cable are all straight, and did you plug the monitor into the wall? All monitors have two cables. Make sure their both secure, this could just be a strangly worded way (ive seen stranger) for your computer to tell you your monitor is not hooked up right.

Back
Top Bottom