For those with the ASUS A8N-SLi Deluxe MOBO

d_source

Daemon Poster
OK, just got my new PC at the end of last week. Everytime I boot up i get this screen that says somewthing like press CTRL+S (or R) or F8 to go into RAID settings. How can i force the PC to boot up and skip this screen? I only have 1 SATA hdd so theres no need for Raid (is there?...i dont really know what RAID is)

Anything else i need to knwo to configure for this mobo? Hints, tips are welcome...Thanks!

Wish I could help man, I have an old MSI mobo I just threw out because it was doing something similar. It wont recognize the main PCI port, just the raid ports, and I only have one HDD.

No, no. Dont get me wrong the mobo is working fine. It just displays that message and i have to wait for the message to go away b4 the OS starts to load. i dont wanna wait that extra 5secs if i dont have to is all.

man, raid 0 combine two or more HD in one and
raid 1 backs up your HD, there are otheres, however if you only have one you can't do raid I think???, anyway if you buy a nother you will have to f-disk your exsisting Hd(thats what my bro had to do) in order to get raid .

Necromancer, when u boot up do u get that screen that i am talking about? Its just a blank screen and it says press ctrl+s or F4 to go into raid settings.

may may, well doesin't that suck, wow, well, there is a way for you to disable or change the way your system checks diferent devises, what i think you should do it return it for a n-force 4 or another asus, sry i cant help,
*note:to change what order your system cheaks you need to go into the bios, and That can be a sticky subject.

u have the same board, where would i go in the bios? Does it show up everythime u boot up ur pc too?

you see the enter bios details when you boot up. it will say hit the del, or f1 or f10 or cntrl or any other button. just remember what you have your settings at before you mess with things. you might need to put them back to your original settings.
there may be a disable raid in your bios. go through it, setting by setting..

Back
Top Bottom