How do you play .avi files?

Does it display any of the following error messages?

A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:<XXXXXXXX> in Vxd Vmwaudio (01)
-or-
MMSYSTEM257 Invalid MCI device ID. Use the ID returned when opening the MCI device.
-or-
MMSYSTEM296 The file cannot be played on the specified MCI device. The file may be corrupt, or not in the correct format.

Your computer is IBM Aptiva or Acer? You'll probably need to update your Mwave soundcard drivers.

.avi is the extension for Quicktime. Uninstall Quicktime, then Download the newest version for Quicktime from apple.com, and then download any extensions that you may need or want.

It could be divx ,xvid or other codec [[audio video interlace (avi)]], so neither WMP nor Quicktime will be able to play.
Search and download the free VLC media player which plays practically every type of media files, even DVD's

download a codec or quik time its self then get winamp 3 or 5 and then you'll be able to play them nicely use winamp its awsome

Play avi's in winamp, just download the correct codec. The latest version of winamp is 5.8. I am using 5.5 which works perfectly well for me so i wont upgrade till they get to 6.x+

Back
Top Bottom