Takes to long to boot

No, I mean from the time I turn on the computer to the time it first show
the black screen showing you what set up you got. You now the one before it show WIndows loading. It takes about 40 sec.to show something on the screen. The only thing that does turn quick are my fands and my nexus that controls the cpu fan. Onces windows start loading it only takes about 10-15 second to finish

Well my old celeron system that i'm currently using, until i get my powersupply through, takes around 2 mins to start up!!

sho95, what kind of computer do you have, amount and kind of ram.; programs that are running at startup etc. There are different factors affecting load time. Also, how long does it take from start till you see your desktop, can you measure it?

ZERO4,
INTEL PENTIUM 4 3.20E GHz
I GOT 2-256 MB PC3200 DDR RAM TOTAL 512 MB
80 Gig hdd

windows xp sp2

Start up pograms:
Northon Professional
northon auto protect
nero incd
anti-spyware

Time frompushing the on button untill i hear first beep is about 45 seconds. Then about 15 seconds to load from windows loading to my desktop is about 15 seconds total 1 minute.
Could it be my old screen its about 5 yrs old it a sony trinitron.

Try disabling some of Windows XP Services to speed up boot time (Computer Management). Disable most startup items. Disable boot virus detection in the advanced BIOS area, change boot sequence to boot from hard drive first, disable XP loading screen (MSCONFIG utility selecting the 'boot.ini' tab and checking the /NOGUIBOOT option. When you boot your system, you will see a black screen in between POST and the welcome screen from now on.) Disable auto detection for empty IDE slots, and disable unneeded device in the Device Manager.

Back
Top Bottom