General CPU temperture?

FR170

Solid State Member
I'm not new at using the computer but I think I have a Yah ?, I just upgraded my system and went all out with some really cool stuff >

P4 3E GHz 1MB l2-Cache 800 MHz FSB PGA-478
Asus P4P800 SE Mother Board
512MB DDR Memory running side by side
160GB Serial ATA HD
Radeon 9600Pro

and the case is a COLORSit 8023 with the LCD display flashing temp for
CPU / HDD / VGA on the radom basis. I put these prons close to the CPU & HDD to keep give me temp readings.

? What is a good temp for the CPU and should I worry when it fluxuates from 81 to 86 & 93 is the highest I've seen it thus far over a long period because the systems has been on since 10:30am this morning

I know it could be something not to worry about or do I need to

Just put it all together 2day ago..

Thanks

FR170

with the probes on the case its hard to tell, but if you go to bios, u can see what the temp really is, the diode temp is normally a bit different, so its hard to tell with those

I could acces my bios at start up only ?

My temp is at Farenheit reading >>>?

If it was 93 Fahrenheit, then you are in GREAT SHAPE! I have liquid cooling, and mine holds at 80 Fahrenheit, and I have an AMD Athlon64 3500+ OCed quite a bit... If those numbers are in fahrenheit, you are doing VERY VERY WELL! I have no idea how you are keeping the temps that low.

are you guys serious? I just got a couple fans in mine and i got a 81 degrees cpu temperature and a 75ish for my motherboard.

I got my wires nice and organized for nice air flow, but i doub that could be giving me such good temperatures.

lol, ya, my avg is 104 F and thats with fans on low, ALL fans, cpu, and case lol if i put em on high, i get to about 85F

Okay I hear You guys , I picked up something although I sorted out the cables inside prettie neat. I think I'll put another fan i there just to ply it cooooollllll...

it bounces around the temp but I'm good right >

Thanks Yall.

nice forum P.s I only have the fan that came with the CPU out the box , I heard that in my area or where I picked up my hardware that they will have liquid cooled in a month or so..
> send me some info on that <

liquid cool pwns, lol keeps the cpu and evthing just about as cool as where the water pump is, very nice

edit: oh ya, if u live in a cold place das cold all year round, u could do some extra work and run hoses outside then into ur comp to give it an extra cool temp

am i honestly the only one who stays at a steady 75-81 degree temperature with fans? I thought that was pretty hot, then again im not overclocking a lot, that could be it.

Back
Top Bottom