File Compression

ksb

Baseband Member
Hey does anyone know how to compress video (RM) files to a very small side. I tried winrar and compressed but the files are still too large to stick on the free file storage site I found. The site gives you 30mb free storage space but one file compressed with winrar equals about 40mb. I need to find some way to make these files really small or at least below 30mb (i might have to open about 110 accounts but....hey whatever).
Any suggestions??

You could get Pinnacle Express and by changing the files properties like bits/sec of your video you would make it smaller. You may loss a bit of quality, but you'll get em smaller.
There are free programs like Virtualdub that can also do the trick, but you'll have to learn how to use it. It's free, give it a try!

I'd have to use free programs, theat virtual dub won't work on RM files. RM files are very tricky they're not like other video types. Are there any programs like virtual dub that will work on RM files?

An old program that i used to use was called Media Cleaner 5, from Terran. They stopped making it i believe but if you could get a copy of it, it was ratehr good. You can do a lot of video editing, change avi's and mpeg's to WMV and RM, or just cut some quality (which is hardly noticeable) and make files smaller. Really good program, its too bad they stopped making it.

Back
Top Bottom