Media Player

I thought this board was meant to be discussing media players, not having a rant at each other about linux vs windows and programming languages?

I thought this board was meant to be discussing media players, not having a rant at each other about linux vs windows and programming languages?

Haha, you better get used to it. Everyone always debates with everyone on every topic imaginable.. with Core debators being Giancarlo, LK, me, and a few other people.

Lol; Linux releases don't tend to change greatly from release to release do they though? Internally they are changed - loopholls are fixed and such. Externally they may add things; but not every time they release a new version.

No... You're talking about updating the Kernel. The Kernel updates usually secure any loopholes/bugs. Linux Distro updates have the ability to make the GUI way better. Windows GUI doesn't even come close to a GUI like BeOS, where you can play two movies transparently over each other with no lag. Amazing.

Basically, I am :D My theories on everything cannot be changed easily - if I hate something first off it is hated years on. If I dislike somebody they're disliked years on; if I like somebody they're liked continuously. It takes a lot to change my opinion after a first encounter.

That kind of ignorance will be your downfall. Mac has some very impressive editing capabilities, and the smallest computer out there (miniMac). If you're thinking of the old versions that crashed and locked up, yeah, I hated those too. But OS10 is really nice.

They're not on the right side. I didn't say I hated them or disliked them; they're reasonable motherboards.

Not on the right side? They're on the AMD side, which is obviously the right side.

Nothing wrong with that; lots of companies aren't Microsoft - the point is that it is on the enemies list of Microsoft.

Only because they are better then Microsoft.

They're against Microsoft by competing with Internet Explorer.

Ohhhh! Kalthorn has some brainpower! You should be awarded the Shitty Detective Of The Year Award!!! No seriously, I would like to congratulate you on your amazing finding that concern Mozilla and IE. Truly amazing! I can see a nobel prize heading your way for that.

Dude, no shit moron. They are offering a far better browser then what Microsoft has to offer. And you hate them for offering a better browser. Ohh right, because you're too damn ignorant when it comes to browsers.

That does not make them against Microsoft. Seriously, they're just doing this to give people an option over IE, not the operating system. IE sucked the whole time it was out, so it's not really being against it, it's just fixing the obvious mistake.

Congrats. But no one else does.

rakedog said:
Haha, you better get used to it. Everyone always debates with everyone on every topic imaginable.. with Core debators being Giancarlo, LK, me, and a few other people.
Haha; I suppose in theory we shouldn't... but nobody was talking about Media Players towards the end anyway.

rakedog said:
No... You're talking about updating the Kernel. The Kernel updates usually secure any loopholes/bugs. Linux Distro updates have the ability to make the GUI way better. Windows GUI doesn't even come close to a GUI like BeOS, where you can play two movies transparently over each other with no lag. Amazing.
I'm never seen BeOS - but its probably a 2004 thing, maybe a late 2004 thing. Windows XP is 2001 design tops. Longhorn will show us the abilities of Windows for GUI.

Although - that does sound amazing :D I'm not sure why you'd want to do it... but it probably looks great.

rakedog said:
That kind of ignorance will be your downfall. Mac has some very impressive editing capabilities, and the smallest computer out there (miniMac). If you're thinking of the old versions that crashed and locked up, yeah, I hated those too. But OS10 is really nice.
Perhaps... and OS X Graphically is quite nice. Steve Jobs is just too damn good :D

rakedog said:
Ohhhh! Kalthorn has some brainpower! You should be awarded the Shitty Detective Of The Year Award!!! No seriously, I would like to congratulate you on your amazing finding that concern Mozilla and IE. Truly amazing! I can see a nobel prize heading your way for that.

Dude, no shit moron. They are offering a far better browser then what Microsoft has to offer. And you hate them for offering a better browser. Ohh right, because you're too damn ignorant when it comes to browsers.

That does not make them against Microsoft. Seriously, they're just doing this to give people an option over IE, not the operating system. IE sucked the whole time it was out, so it's not really being against it, it's just fixing the obvious mistake.
Lol! That's classic

Its not a better browser than Microsoft offers :D Microsoft offers MSN Explorer - the difference being MSN Explorer is not Microsoft's free Browser; whereas Firefox is free. Again, we're throwing hate around; I don't hate Firefox or Mozzila - they're my enemies - enemies are respected not hated.

Internet Explorer 7; like with many downfalls of Microsoft, will show us in 2006 whether that is true of Internet Explorer, or just of Internet Explorer 6.

Haha; I suppose in theory we shouldn't... but nobody was talking about Media Players towards the end anyway.

Yeah, because you can't argue with the power of winAmp.

I'm never seen BeOS - but its probably a 2004 thing, maybe a late 2004 thing. Windows XP is 2001 design tops. Longhorn will show us the abilities of Windows for GUI.

Accualy, it is quite old, but the company had to shut down, so now open source communities are making the new version of it.

As for windows.... What was so impressive about their GUI, if I can ask...

Perhaps... and OS X Graphically is quite nice. Steve Jobs is just too damn good :D

Haha, yes he is.

Its not a better browser than Microsoft offers :D Microsoft offers MSN Explorer - the difference being MSN Explorer is not Microsoft's free Browser; whereas Firefox is free. Again, we're throwing hate around; I don't hate Firefox or Mozzila - they're my enemies - enemies are respected not hated.

And how is MSN explorer better then Firefox? And firefox being free is a good thing... I mean, not all of us have money to go spending every year to buy Microsoft outrageously costy software.

By the way, it's Mozilla* not Mozzila.

Windows so far have done nothing with their gui, and even back in 2001 they took the start bar did a 5 minute photoshop design for 3 different colours and shoved it into windows xp and called it the "new fresh look of windows", redesign a couple of icons, added a fancy effects stolen from windows 2k.

M$$ said it would be the start of a new era for windows, and what happened??? They had to start releasing patches within days of releasing windows because of all the loopholes...

If you compare windows to a sieve - due to all the loopholes naturally and linux to a pot you'll get the idea of what i'm talking about.

dreamweaverdude said:
M$$ said it would be the start of a new era for windows, and what happened??? They had to start releasing patches within days of releasing windows because of all the loopholes...
Windows 95 was the start of an Era. Windows 95 is generally hated; even at the time it was. Windows XP is Windows 95 for Windows all over again. It wasn't until Windows 98 that it was accepted and cleaned up and worked out. That is what Longhorn is. People still went by Windows 98, often over XP for years after - there was somebody on here a few months ago who used Windows 98 over XP.

I'll do the other one after.

AK47 and M16 are not honourable - 1 inch Callibre Cannon - now that is Honourable if you really want a weapon that fires. You need to reload it - it takes practice and skill to use - and you need aiming. AK47 and M16 you need none of them.

There is no *Honorable weapon*. Perhaps a sword, but killing someone altogether is not *honorable*. And again, Kalthorn doesn't counter my arguement, because it is the best :)

rakedog said:
Yeah, because you can't argue with the power of winAmp.
The moment you put even Visual Studio on on its own; Winamp plays up either because my PC is not fast enough (which, for a media player, it isn't going to be) or because Winamp is highly inefficient. Or because its not simple enough? Eitherway - it is slow.
rakedog said:
Accualy, it is quite old, but the company had to shut down, so now open source communities are making the new version of it.

As for windows.... What was so impressive about their GUI, if I can ask...
Why would it need to be shut down? How do people in Open Source shut companies down if they're all free :D What is impressive is how people know what to do; even if its their first computer they know what to do. Its intuitive. That's what a GUI, for most people, has to do.
rakedog said:
Haha, yes he is.
Some of the speaches he's done that have been on CNet were brilliant. Especially the OS X Tiger one; was it 'Redmond, we have a Problem?'? something like that anyway; it was classic.
rakedog said:
And how is MSN explorer better then Firefox? And firefox being free is a good thing... I mean, not all of us have money to go spending every year to buy Microsoft outrageously costy software.

By the way, it's Mozilla* not Mozzila.
MSN Explorer has no bugs; there just aren't any (obviously, there are technically, but there are no updates or patches for it and no security alerts) even Firefox doesn't have that. It doesn't have a vast section of the market it has to be said - but things like Safari and Opera have around that level of share; and they have Bugs and Patches. If I were Microsoft; MSN doesn't make much money anyway and the Explorer is merely a part of the paid service - I'd update MSN Explorer for Longhorn and ship it as Internet Explorer 7 to stop the Anti-Trust people thinking its Microsoft pushing MSN onto people. People do say the ony way to fix Internet Explorer is to rebuild it - that's the most efficient way.

Lol; its more random with me; most of the time I call Wannado Wanadoo. Anyway - Mozzila sounds better ;)

rakedog said:
There is no *Honorable weapon*. Perhaps a sword, but killing someone altogether is not *honorable*. And again, Kalthorn doesn't counter my arguement, because it is the best :)
Nah; using honourable weapons does not represent a need to kill somebody; and it does not say killing in itself is honour either. The honourable weapon is that which makes killing; when it is required for honour (protecting people, protecting a country, protecting an honour) honourable. Machines Guns don't do this because they require no skill, no training, you point and one hits eventually. Swords of course are the best ones; any type generally bar daggers. Any kind of weapon on a stick or chain (Mace, Lance...) and of course - if you want a gun - Cannons suffice because they're so damned hard to use train for and gain the skill to use to your advantage (not just to break your shoulder).

Back
Top Bottom