iPod Question...

moneyman1

In Runtime
Ok, so there's this program I want to DL, and since I'm on Dial Up, it'll end up taking about 9 - 10 hours...

So I was gonna DL it at my friends house, and burn it to a CD, only to find out that his CD burner has gona ka-put.

So I was wondering if there was a way that I could declare my iPod just as an extra hard drive, so I can put whatever I want on there, the program, and then bring it home, and take it off on my computer.

Would that work...?

If it can be done, can someone explain how to do it.

If there are any hazy area's where it may mess up my iPod in any way, If it just delete's all my music, that's fine, but any other way... that's bad, cause I loooove my iPod.

Thanks! :D

I don't think you can. Buy an External Hard Drive or something like that. iPod Transfer is based purely through iTunes I think.

yes you can... You need to format the ipod internal cache to be mutistorage however, and once you do this, there is no going back.. It will be just a hardrive for the rest of time.. U will not be able to use it as an MP3 player. I agree, don't destroy your iPod for that pointless endeavor... Just buy a cheap external HD.

Yeah, I didn't know you could do that, pretty wierd in fact! But its not really an efficient use of money as a 30Gig External Hard Drive may cost you £20, £30 - whereas an iPod is a significant amount more.

i use my mp3 to carry documents from home to school

no problems with that

Yeah, I really don't wanna piss off my iPod, cause it's my baby...

How do you do that matt?

The only 30 gig hard drive I know of is the pathetic one in my computer :'(

And the only External Hard Drive's I know of are 120 gig ones from Wal-Mart for 150 Bucker00's

I haven't looked at Best Buy or anywhere...

I'll look around. :D

matt said:
i use my mp3 to carry documents from home to school

no problems with that

Yeah, some can carry documents, but I dunno about programs...

Yeah, flash drives work really well too. Unless the program is like 4gb, then flash drives should have no problem...

Back
Top Bottom