After 30 days your copy of XP will..... keep working??

crazyman143

Fully Optimized
I was told on these forums by someone that they knew people who had installed windows on several comps from the same disc and it kept working after the 30 days before the actiavation. Now I figured despite how crazy that sounded I had to try it because I would never make it through life without knowing. lol. So anyway I tried it and everyone kept telling me as the trial period neared its end and the moment of truth got closer, that that was a crazy Idea, and that we would loose everything, but sure enough the time came to an end, and the computer still just keeps going. they still want us to activate but nothing happens. :eek:

now this is early in the time so anything could still happen but I am quite surprized at this. so will the more expirienced please tell me the catch because I know the has to be one. lol

I am surprised too.

Soon however, especially once Longhorn is out, Updates and Downloads won't be available to Unauthenticated Operating Systems. There are ways around this... but eventually there won't.

Soon however, especially once Longhorn is out, Updates and Downloads won't be available to Unauthenticated Operating Systems. There are ways around this... but eventually there won't.

Yeah there will. It's Microsoft, and weather on purpose or on accident, they will leave loopholes that will allow people to get them for free if they know what they're doing.

hey guys, i did this by mistake m8 when i was installing a "borrowed" copy of photoshop it asked me to set my date back a couple of years (no idea why :p) and me being totally stupid put the date foward a couple of years. i did this on an un registerd xp machine. so i restart and i come to loggin screen then i log in and it go in like a window 98 box type thing "register window before logging on" so i naturally click cancel
and it wont let you do anythng but register :< so i had to register and thats the story!

lol well I am so disappointed. turnes out it will keep working until you log off, then you can't log on again till you activate it. we usually just switch user and didn't notice this for a while. oh well.

yah it would be funnier if you could just not activate it... it would still be legal like that technically, I mean if microsoft didn't make me so I didn't. lol

lol well i tried this cracl thing (sorry i am not sure if i am allowed to say that word here :S) and for some reason it said 999999999999 days till activation it was quite funy really lol

Back
Top Bottom