Built my own PC, nothing happens

snowdog

Baseband Member
Turned power switch on for the first time, CPU fan fired up, LED on motherboard came on, and that's it. Monitor didn't identify, No LED's on drives came on, no beeps. Processor is Pentium 3, motherboard said it was compatible and was brand new. ????? Yes this is my first, but I did a good bit of research.

Thanks for any advice.

what kind of motherboard? and processor exact? make sure you have everything plugged in right, all data cables and power cables.
first time i switched mine on it froze cause i didnt have a power cable in cd drive!

yeah check your power supply connections, also sound like you GPU may be a little loose or bad. check that JOHNNY

Checked all power supply caonnections, no luck, but I took the heatsink/fan off just for a few seconds and had a green light on the CD rom. That's the only sign of life so far.

reseat every component!! make sure its all in nice and tight, ram and graphics card especially!

Could the wrong type of Ram card cause this? Its 168-pin, but thats all I know about it.

if no lights come on then you have not connected the cables to the motherboard correctly. But because the computer turned on then there is no problem with your power switch, does your reset switch work?

Also think about your graphics, is it onboard and do you have a graphic card installed?

Back
Top Bottom