Slow gameplay

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
When I play Age of Empires 2: Age of Kings, it will tend to slow down to a crawl when there is a lot of people fighting at the same time. I have the game on "hardest" with 8 different civiliazations fighting at one time. Max population at 200 each so you can imagine how many people I have to deal with. Once they start dying down, it speeds up again.

How can I relieve this and make it faster?

turn settings down, either that or ur system is playing up ,that thing in ur sig shud desimate that game!!

Well, that's my future system. I'm still running my old system now with that game. Hopefully the parts will come in early next week from Newegg.

Playing at lower resolutions will make the screen much bigger which is why I bumped it up in the first place. I can see a much wider range. I'll try that, plus I'm giong to fiddle with the performance settings in the properties to see the effects.

wat is ur current system ? does it meet the requirements? just turn the settings down, u'll b able to enjoy the game more!

yes. I'm using a 40GB EIDE HD, LG Ultra Speed DVD ROM/CD-RW combo drive, MSI nForce 2 motherboard, Athlon XP2500+, 512MB DDR Corsair XMS.

That's what I'm hoping. Once that thing gets going, all my games are going on there. Push it to the max. I love it. Can't wait.

that system shudn't b suffering that much!! strange maybe its time to format it or its got spyware slowin it down!

I've done spyware scans and detected none now. I removed two of them coming from Weather program and some tracking software that got installed in a shareware I downloaded. I think it's because of my partiton setup. I only have 1 partition now since my last crash. I know how to setup partitions, but don't know how to use it and just started dumping everything into the main parition. I think that may be the cause of that. My HD is swapping like crazy too. I'm letting Windows adjust automatically to the swap size. That's why my next drive, I'm going to make 3 partitions maybe. One for swapping, one for boot and all the programs, and one for all my data.

I read somewhere that AOE games uses your processor to render the graphics? even for me with a lot of people it lags sooooo much

Back
Top Bottom