oppinion on new motherboard

lee42lee

Baseband Member
I am building a new gaming computer and was wondering what the best motherboard is. Thanks for any help.

Lee Harrell

NOOO!!!! Dont get it! It is a pain in the ass to setup, and has lots of problems!! Get the same one TRD has, or at least very similar!!

I really dont have a certain budget I just want to make sure I get a really good board and processor for gaming.

get a reputable motherboard (Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Abit, what else?) that supports socket 939 using Athlon 64 CPU and dual channel memory support (most do because of new chipsets). I like to go with PCIe, but some still stick with AGP. Performance wise, they're pretty similar at this stage.

I was thinking of getting the A8N-SLi Deluxe but I am new to the PCI express cards. Does the dual graphics cards on the A8N help a lot? I am going to be playing Battlefield 1942 and also Papyrus Nascar Racing 2003 most and want to be able to turn all the video options on high including AA. Thanks guys.

Lee

I have that game, Nascar Racing 2003 (Papyrus). You don't need a really high end graphic card to play that. I used an old nVidia TNT2 card and played it perfectly at high settings. But obvisously, you won't get that old card. Any video card today will play those games.

I assume dual graphics is better because you're sharing the graphics procssor for enhanced performance (SLi technology).

anyways u need to get pci-express, its faster better adn newer, and is what ati and nvidia are pouring all their research dollars into, so we shoul dsee some big advances from the current outsatanding pci-e cards, going agp would be going back in time

Yea TRD my old system ran both those games good but I was just wanting to build a new system and if I am going to I want to get really nice top of the line components for it. I have always liked Gigabyte boards better than Asus (why I dont know I just have) but do you think the A8N-SLI Deluxe would be the best? I was also looking at the GA-K8NXP-SLI with the Dual 6600GT GPU.

That looks good, but too pricey for me. Only 2 PCI slots though, but you can use the higher speed PCIe too. I guess that board is comparable to the Asus deluxe. Similar specs. Mine cost $150.

Back
Top Bottom