DirectX 9.0

Genocide

Beta member
I am on ebay, ordering a TV tuner, and the tuner requires you computer sytem to have DirectX 9, but i only have 8....when i try to download 9 from windows, during the instalation it says something about it not passing the windows logo testing so it aborts the installation in the middle of the progrss. This also prevented me from playing some games <like bionicles, battlefield vietnam, etc.>.

This is begining to be a major problem because more and more tings require DirectX 9. Has anyone else come across this problem, or can anyone assist me in fixing it?

i mind a while ago i tryed installing windows updates and it came up that crap it has not passed windows testing blah blah... and it wouldnt install. gave up in the end.
is your video card quite new/good? i dont know well anything about direct x but i think it might depend on your hardware.
if not then its just another thing to blame microsoft for:D:D

my video card is an old...and i mean old nvidia geforce 100/200 32 mb card. I had DX 9.0c installed and working fine and was able to play CS:S and HL2 with absolutely no problems. I doubt its the hardware.

directx 9

Have you tried to resend the directx again, or try resending it from other site...

my video card is ffairly new, its a Geforce, not sure of the model of anything but this Dell is only 2 years old...but, i don't follow what you mean by resending directx very well...could you explain?

I just got the same message yesterday when trying to install the nvidia driver for my new video card. After the message came up i aborted, but it seemed to finish installing anyway. Then i just downloaded the newest driver from the nvidia site and it installed perfectly fine.

By resending, I mean that you can try to download the direct x again from other site or from microsoft again, sometimes data gets corrupted...

Marazas said:
By resending, I mean that you can try to download the direct x again from other site or from microsoft again, sometimes data gets corrupted...

i actually downloaded it from microsoft that day about 5 or 6 times, maybe more, and the same message would come up each and every time.

You have DirectX 9.0c!! You have the best one out right now! What more do you want? I guess I missed the point of this post..

Back
Top Bottom