Ocing XP mobile from 266 to 400 fsb

compychump

Baseband Member
Hi,

If I get one of these 2500+ XP mobile CPU's that everyone's talking about, how hard is it to overclock? I hear it's pretty easy. I am okay with it running at stock ghz, but what about the 266 fsb? Is it going to be drastically slower than 400fsb? How much does the FSB affect things? If I Oc'ed to a 3200+, what would the fsb be then? Most of all, what the hell is an FSB all about?

It's easy as long as you have the memory to match the bus frequency. In other words, that you have PC3200 installed which have a frequency of 400Mhz. If you have PC2100 which have a frequency of 266 Mhz, ramping up your bus to 400 Mhz won't give you much cause your memory will be greating a bottleneck and your bus speed will not go higher than the memory speed which would be 266 Mhz with PC2100 RAM.

I'm getting two sticks of PC3200 400mhz ddr and using it in dual channel. What's the difference between a double-sided memory module and a single-sided memory module? It's that the double-sided is DDR and the single sided is just SDRAM?

Back
Top Bottom