Nero DVD fps...

pcgodintraining

In Runtime
I am backing up old AVI video and audio files onto DVD-Rs. So far I have burnt 4 dics that work fine, but twic now I have tried to burn a specific folder containing only AVI files onto a DVD, and at the end of the burn, ie the finalizing, a message comes up saying that the finalization (Whatever it's called) failed. When I play back the disc the videos are slightly slowed down and the audio is garbled and choppy. I noticed that the average FPS of the files is 24fps as opposed to my video camera's 30fps average. What have I done wrong here? Anyone encounter a similar problem? Does it have something to do with multisession recording? (running on XP pro with SP2).

it might be a "dirty" lense or some dodgy Dvds cause that can happen u could try getting a lense cleaner or try another program and r any other folders just Avi

Yes. All of my successful DVD's contain AVI files. I want to get a general idea of what the problem could be before I waste any more discs to this.

well , what speed are you burning at cuz, toward the end it sounds like your getting a buffer underrun.

is your burn program up to date ? how bout the driver's
that support the burner ? are they up to date ?

Yes. They should all be totally current. It should be noted that this affects all the files. (I've tested the first and last files and they all have the same problem).

well im saying theres probably a curropt file in that folder and that effecting the whoole dvd when there packed together u could ran a scan with something to search for something thats not right in the folder im not sure with though sorry

u could try to lower the burn speed giving the buffer more time

it should work cause mine sometimes stuffedand i lowered the burn speed and it workd on some files that didnt work

u should try sending it to recycle bin and se if it lets u DONT actually delete it though

The person who set up my system has some kind of default setting on the "Delete" option in my system. When I "delete" something, as opposed to sending it to the reycycle bin, it just deletes it, which is kind of risky. Don't know how to change it.

Back
Top Bottom