Media Player

The Great War between the Divine and the Abyss is simple; it is the Great Technological War of our time - between the Divine (Microsoft; Intel; nVidia; MSi and Gigabyte primarily) and the Abyss (Linux; Macintosh; AMD; ATi; Asus; Abit; Sun; Mozilla; PHP; MySQL... primarily, although there are vastly more little companies).

all i kno is go amd and nvidia. yeah. maybe that was stupid. but i really like amd's fx and nvidia's sli 6800. yeah. enough said.

The Great War between the Divine and the Abyss is simple; it is the Great Technological War of our time - between the Divine (Microsoft; Intel; nVidia; MSi and Gigabyte primarily) and the Abyss (Linux; Macintosh; AMD; ATi; Asus; Abit; Sun; Mozilla; PHP; MySQL... primarily, although there are vastly more little companies).

You are the biggest fucking idiot I've known. All those companies are GOOD.

AMD owns Intel
Linux / OS-X is better then windows.. When is longhorn coming? Oh right, 2006. Well, we have new Linux releases that will be better then anything Gates can dream off.

Asus makes the best motherboards in my opinion. Mine haven't failed a single time, and they're simply awesome.

I see absolutely No problem with ATI.

What is wrong with Sun and Mozilla? Oh right, you're such a stupid Microsoft lover that you don't know how to use them, so you just complain about them all day long.

PHP is the best web lauguage out there.

Look, I've tried to stay calm with you kalthorn (and no, in my opinion, you are NOT a lord in any goddamn way) for too long. You just pretty much insulted every computer company/industry that I love. Which means you and I are about to embark on a big debate.

I've let you get away insulting these awesome companies for way too long. Bring it on. What do you have to defend them with?

rakedog said:
You are the biggest fucking idiot I've known. All those companies are GOOD.
I didn't say they were Bad :D I said they are the Abyss; the enemy of anything is bad to that person; good to the enemy. Bad and good are defined by which side you are on - few people on the bad side believe their side is bad.

rakedog said:
AMD owns Intel
Linux / OS-X is better then windows.. When is longhorn coming? Oh right, 2006. Well, we have new Linux releases that will be better then anything Gates can dream off.
Linux releases come everyday; its pretty hard to preach saying Windows is always needing updates when you release more versions of Linux than Windows releases in Updates - certainly more than Service Packs. What do you think these Linux Distributions are distributed for? Because they're new versions and better - same with Windows Updates.

Longhorn is coming in 2006 yeah; and we shall see how the Linux versiosn stand up to it. Mac OS X is already done for. My only hope is that Steve Jobs gets a nice place somewhere else and doesn't go down with Apple into a small media company with sole products being the G5, iPod, iTunes and Quicktime.

rakedog said:
Asus makes the best motherboards in my opinion. Mine haven't failed a single time, and they're simply awesome.
Lots of motherboard companies make motherboards which haven't failed to a huge range of people.

rakedog said:
What is wrong with Sun and Mozilla? Oh right, you're such a stupid Microsoft lover that you don't know how to use them, so you just complain about them all day long.
What's wrong with Sun... hmmm... lol - Java, Solaris, and the fact that they are against Microsoft. I do like Scott McNealy though.

What's wrong with Mozilla... yeah; lol; they're against Microsoft. Its not that I don't know how to use them, I do use them; I test my websites on Firefox as well as Internet Explorer the point is that they are the enemy for only that sole reason - they are against Microsoft and the enemy of my friend; as they say; is my enemy.

rakedog said:
PHP is the best web lauguage out there.
That's an opinion some people have; some people don't. It has to be said however that the greatest and largest portals on the Web are ASP.NET Sites. CNet doesn't even use either.

rakedog said:
Look, I've tried to stay calm with you kalthorn (and no, in my opinion, you are NOT a lord in any goddamn way) for too long. You just pretty much insulted every computer company/industry that I love. Which means you and I are about to embark on a big debate.

I've let you get away insulting these awesome companies for way too long. Bring it on. What do you have to defend them with?
I never said I was :D Kalthorn is. I did not insult them; I said they were the enemy. Constant love and affection for Microsoft and its allies is what I use :D Go MSDN!

Linux releases come everyday; its pretty hard to preach saying Windows is always needing updates when you release more versions of Linux than Windows releases in Updates - certainly more than Service Packs. What do you think these Linux Distributions are distributed for? Because they're new versions and better - same with Windows Updates.

Here's the difference.

Windows Updates are things to patch up loopholes and bugs.
New Linux distros are OS's that have better things in them.

There is a difference.

Longhorn is coming in 2006 yeah; and we shall see how the Linux versiosn stand up to it. Mac OS X is already done for. My only hope is that Steve Jobs gets a nice place somewhere else and doesn't go down with Apple into a small media company with sole products being the G5, iPod, iTunes and Quicktime.

What do you have against Macs? Compared to Windows, they are just as powerful. Let me guess, you're refering to some ancient Mac 9 or Mac 6? Because honestly, OS X is a very fair competetor of XP.

Lots of motherboard companies make motherboards which haven't failed to a huge range of people.

Then what do you have against Asus?

What's wrong with Sun... hmmm... lol - Java, Solaris, and the fact that they are against Microsoft. I do like Scott McNealy though.

Java? Seriously, Java is a hecka powerful lauguage. Have you ever accualy worked with Objects? Because it's a really neat way of programming. Solaris is a very good OS... nothing wrong with it. And what's wrong with not being with Microsoft? It's not like M$ rules anyone or anything. No one cares...

What's wrong with Mozilla... yeah; lol; they're against Microsoft.

No they're not. You're making up stuff... they specifically said in an interview that they are NOT there to get Microsoft. They simply wanted to offer a better product then IE, and obviously, they did.

CNet doesn't even use either.

So?

Constant love and affection for Microsoft and its allies is what I use

No body really cares...

Back
Top Bottom