what's the problem?

danemartin

Solid State Member
Hi, kinda new to this whole forum thing so here goes....

I'm running a pentium 866mhz with 384 mb ram, an ati 128rage pro, a really shitty sound card and i'm having some serious difficulty with my video. I play unreal tournament and diablo 2, my video is the choppiest it has ever been and this is with a fresh install of EVERYTHING! all my drivers are up to date and i've even tried going back to the older drivers but nothing seems to be working lately, the only thing i can think it might be is some sort of static charge was released onto the card when i pulled it out..i used a grounding band so it MAY not be that, can anyone help me? it used to work just fine! oh, i forgot to mention i am running windows 2000 pro. HELP PLEASE!

Hmmmm.. for starters, upgrade to XP Pro. :D Just for the hell of it. Your computer can handle it no problem. I run it on a few Celeron 733's :p Run a scan for adware and such as they can tend to slow down your computer if they are running in the background. :p Other than that, I'd say it's almost time for an upgrade ;)

but i even tried using 3 different cards and they all do the same thing, any time video is playing:(

Back
Top Bottom