Favorite Processors

lol, if i had 20 thousand to spend on a comp, i would have sooooooo much Fing fun with doin things like that

20K? For 16Opterons, try 90K.... LMAO! 20K will get you high end Dual Opteron 850 system with everything, and really nice Quad Opteron system. Here, check this out!

opteronboards1zd.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Does having that kind of power really serve any purpose for general applications? I've always stuck to AMD processors so I can't really say anything about the P4s. The Athlon XP 2500+ smokes my old Athlon 800MHz (Slot A) so my favorite processor up to date is the Athlon XP.

I haven't bought a processor yet for my Gigabyte board yet. Still waiting for more money. I'm planning on Athlon 64 3500+ and then, that will be my favorite new processor.

Ok, I changed my mind. I decided to go with the Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester instead of the 3500+. I figure it won't be too much of a difference, especially being an Athlon 64. Besides, its cheaper.

plus if u kno how, u can oc to 2.6ghz anyways, which is faster than the 3500 anyways, or 2.4 since ur goin with stock cooling

even ask amd zen the so called numer of GHz each company states their processors have is based on different ratios and numbers. If amd and intel both used the same numbers AMD's GHz would increase, a lil bit to be roughly the same or higher than intels. This is what i have heard, it make be wrong because its hearsay.

Nah; Ghz is a Universal measurement - everybody measures it the same. The difference being the pipelines in the Processors make more use of Ghz in AMD Processors than in Intel ones.

Personally I'd have to go with the Itanium :D You don't have to wait for AMD to get 16 Itanium2s, 32 Itanium2s... and more.

Back
Top Bottom