Seagte VS Western Digital...

That is nothing to do with PC at all, everything to do with Internet Connection. Higher the speeds, the faster those will be. HD doesn't matter there at all really.

Oh okay, cool. The guy I am buying from says that he is all out of seagates, but he has lots of WDs to choose from. I was thinking of going for a 80 gb WD Caviar 7200 SATA. Any major issues with those or should I feel safe to procceed with a purchase?

Nope, WDs are a little loud unless you get their best models, so prepare for a loud skreeching sound during startup. The only WD drives that don't do that are the Raptor 10K drives... And WDs SCSI drives (which I luV!!)

I don't know how much of an issue it will be as I have a huge 4inch fan in the back, (Case was a server) and think that that would be the loudest component.

Don't have the funds...would if I could. So does anyone know which is faster a 7200 SATA WD or an equivalent Seagate?

meh,hdd's i doubt u would ever really notice speed differences in the first place, tis like a 1.5ghz cpu and a 2.6 ... ur not gonna notice much, if anything

I VOTE WESTERN DIGITAL , SEAGATE betrayed me and im still hurt by their failing hdd's , Maxtor also hurt my feelings, GO WD!!

I'm buying a 80 GB Western Digital SATA drive from PC Club first to see if it will work. If not, I can return it easily and get an EIDE drive instead withou the hassle of RMA through Newegg.

Back
Top Bottom