cpu temps

trance565

Daemon Poster
just wondering about temps on the a64, ok, lol temps at no oc are 35-40 C, is that good, and what isthe hottest i would want my cpu to get? and how fast could i probably get without breaching that temp?

That is very good. Stock cooling Trance?

Maximum for and AMD64 is 65 Celcius or 149 Fahrenheit.
With 2GHz stock.. You could push 2.4 nicely with the right cooling.. Stock wont cut the cheese. With stock, 2.25-2.3 MAX... No more then that. Temperature spikes are what I worry about with stock cooling.

after market, swiftech lol 1.65 lb of cooling pwr with a 110 cfm 90 mm vatec tornado, and i have 3 80 mm case fans, one is exhaust :)
in teh new egg reviews of the cpu, ltos of ppl say they put theirs to 2.6 stock cooling

Does anyone here use stock cooling on their Athlon 64 that want to share their CPU temp? I hope to have mine in two weeks and want to determine if I should go retail or just buy the processor OEM with aftermarket cooling.

But if the stock cooling is adequate and has close readings to Trance, than I'm getting retail using stock heatsink and fan.

well, i got OEM and it didnt work so i had to send it back in and got retail, and since i alredy have the heat sink, i used it lol, ill sell u my heatsink for ..... 5 bux +SH

Well, I was hoping to buy retail in the first place because everything's already available. I'm just curious what the CPU temp would be when using stock.

I usually don't buy OEM unless they're floppy and hard drives. So as of now, I'm not planning on buying a heatsink. Thanks for the offer though.

lol, ummm just go retail, and then get the gigabyte hs+f or the combo i got
the combo i got tho is kina hard to put the fan on cuz its originally made for 80mm fan, but u can spread the fan mounts apart, its just kina hard to get all 4 things connected

that's why I'm a little worried of going aftermarket heatsink+fan combo because of fitting issues.

Can you guys suggest an excellent cooling heatsink and fan for the Athlon 64 3500+? Links help a lot too.

Back
Top Bottom