access bios

linux is just a bit confusing for new users because to play/use things made for windows u have to dl extra programs which is a pain, one of the reasons i denied my frend access to my computer and installing linux. mmmm shouldnt be hard to format and install windows so long as u dun have bootleg ver

SUSE is for everyday PC users... It is very similar to WIndowsXP, except prettier... Here, take a looksy!

linuxsusescreenie3ur.jpg

Purdy!!

meh, im used to seeing red hat, that things pisses me off lol, my frend for sum reason ... put an atari gpu in his comp. i slapped the shit outa him talkin bout is 4-8 colors

oh ya, if u havent formated yet, try pressing the delete key to get into bios, das how it is on my comp

www.linux.com or the stores i think, u would have to go to a computer place, not a place like BB or comp usa for linux, but if u ahve nice connection most their os's are free to dl full ver i think

one more question, if i make a boot disk (floppy) and get into dos, how do i run the windows xp cd to start the install?
do i type d:\setup.exe?

actualy
if u just put the xp cd in, it should run automatically when u start ur comp, so long as u have the cd drive booting b4 ur hdd which most computers do

trance565 said:
actualy
if u just put the xp cd in, it should run automatically when u start ur comp, so long as u have the cd drive booting b4 ur hdd which most computers do

?
my very first post said that i cant change the boot order, thats why i need a boot disk

The boot disks should start automatically installing the files that you will need to finish installing from the CD.

I've never installed XP through boot disks, just the CD, but with W2K it prompts you through the event by telling you when to put in the next floppy and then to put in the CD to finish. I would assume it would be the same with XP, but we all know what happens when you assume...

Back
Top Bottom