access bios

rymort

In Runtime
im trying to fix my friends mom's computer by reinstalling windows, i have the windows xp cd and i stick it in but it does not boot to the cd, so i tried accessing the bios to access the boot order but i cant even get in the bios..
its an IBM, when i boot it up i see the IBM graphic then it starts loading windows, ive tried hitting every button on the keyboard at the start, even delete, it wont go into the bios, how do i change the boot order to reinstall windows?

the problem is that when it loads the old windows, (windows ME) it crashes right away saying application terminated explorer.exe then it freezes, thats why i need to reformat/install

Try using the F5 to F12 keys.... I think one of them will enter bios or enter a screen where you can change the boot order

Yeah, it's usually F2 to enter Setup or F8 for other startup options...can you even boot in safe mode and get rid of explorer.exe?

You could also go here and make a boot floppy and take it from there.

i tried booting in safe mode and it still does same error.
i dont know how they messed it up, they said she it defrag and then it froze during defrag and she shut it down.

if i make the boot disk, how do i run the cd?

Hit F2... That is BIOS loader. Then do what you know how to do. F2.. And if BIOS wont load, then go to area where you can choose startup options and instead of safe mode, try LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION.

ok but, i tried f2, it does nothing, all it does is continue to load windows me, how do i get to safemode again? i got it once by shutting down computer then restarting it

im trying to reforrmat and install windows xp as the boot operation system.

as for linux, i have it but i dont know how to use linux, never installed it, i heard its for developers, not everyday computer users

Back
Top Bottom