Boot up problems

lee42lee

Baseband Member
This problem is driving me crazy. The computer was working fine and I took the memory out to use in another system I was building and then I forgot I took the memory out and tried to start the system. Now when I try to boot up the computer all I get is warning beeps. It has one long beep and then two short beeps and it keeps repeating. Below is my system specs.

P4 3.2 GHz
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Main motherboard
1 gig ram
Maxtor 160gig ATA/133 HDD
nVidia GeFORCE 6800 256MB DDR3 Limited Edition
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Lee Harrell

put the ram back in? the beeps are the computers way of telling you theirs something terribly wrong, in this case theirs no ram. You might not of put it in properly. Take out the ram, reseat it, see what happens

I did put the ram back in and still the samething. I have tried taking it out and putting it back and also tried it one stick of memory at a time and still nothing. Any other suggestions?

You might have damaged the RAM by touching it without having the antistatic wrist tape...

If you have any possibility to try completely another RAM stick that would help you to determine if your RAM is damaged or not.

I tried different ram and also have the ram I tried first in another system and it is doing fine. I am thinking now I may have damaged the motherboard somehow.

About the RAm

It is possible, that you have damaged the motherboard, but as far as I know, when static discharge damages motherboard it doesn't go down straight away, instead it starts acting strangely.

Another thing I have just checked the literature, those beeps indicates, that the video card is not functioning, so maybe try securing the video card.

It could be nice to hear the result.

Good luck

If you look at my signature, you'll see that our systems are pretty close.
Your motherboard must be set for dual channel so.
1- Maybe you haven't placed them in the right slot.
2- Pass an air can through your slots before putting them back, and do the same with the memory sticks.
3- Go into your BIOS and check the settings, make it do a memory count, and if everything is OK, you can always go back to the BIOS and put it to its' original position.
Note: the motherboard booting up on zero! RAM may have altered the BIOS settings.

ya, go to the website/manual for ur mobo and check the beep sigs,and the ram settings taht the mobo supporst, and make sure ur gfx card is in correctly

I would love to go into the BIOS but it never does anything. Just as soon as I turn on the system it just starts beeping and never stops. I have tried different memory but it still doesn't work and the memory that was in it first is now in a system I am building for my brother and it is running great. I am almost ready to can it and go buy another. Thanks for all the help.

Lee

Hello again

From your last message I understand, that nothing is happening when power up your machine, it gives you one long and then two shorts. If that is the case, I will repeat myself, that is a video card problem, try replacing your video card and see what happens...

Back
Top Bottom