What Is Shellconhidden???

Jamie08

Beta member
Hi, Please help me, i am running off windows XP and and end program thing came up and it was ending the program ShellConHidden, i dont know what that is. Does anyone know what that is? is it a normal program or something else? Plz reply..Thanks A Lot!

How often does it happen? I've never heard of it... could be Spyware. Have you checked with Adaware?

Does it come up asking you to send an error report?

yeah pretty much everything is spyware if it says closing program ehen you try to close windows so get spyware doctor it should fix it

It fixed mine. Sometimes the spyware files just bring up a program that is on the computer and say its closing that and its just trying to piss you off

im getting the same message when i shut down. i do have NIS and SpyCatcher, but it still shows up.
do u mean that SpyCatcher is shutting it down/disabling it?... or is it a problem? i would like to fix it cuz i try to keep my comp as bug free as possible. any help most appreciated....THX

thats the thing with spyware. it is always gets at you. some program that u dont realize is running and then whenu go to shut down your computer, some "ending program" thing shows up and then you go, "huh?" where did that come from?" definetely ad aware or spybot. two good programs. or spysweeper i guess is good. havent really tried. of course, i you want to pay, then there are dozens out there too. but those three i think those are the best right now.

i heard Spy Aware was good but when i downlaoded it it wasnt that good but it might of been something different does any1 have a link for it

have you tried ad aware and spy bot? those are the two best ones out. and they're free!

Same Problem

I have same problem on one of our work machines. No spy detectors pick it up UNLESS it is P2P Networking or Kazaa related. The user has those on his machine and refuses to get them off. He's the owner's son so he can do what he wants but it leaves our network open to hackers. So the user lives with those shut down issues. I use Spybot, Ad-aware (which started locking up machines), SpySweeper, and PestPatrol (by far the best one for detection, but you have to pay to really get the benefits). I find using several on one machine works better than just relying on one program. But none of them fix the shellconhidden issue or the mim.exe issue.

Back
Top Bottom