Connection Problem

tehnoob

Beta member
I have a problem with the wireless network in my house. My provider is cable one and i use a linksys wireless b router and recieve with a linksys wireless b usb receiver. When I play mmo's, us an im, or download files my connection times out, but then reconnects and continues as normal. Does anyone know what my problem is.

Because you are using DHCP, it assigns an IP adress to your computer(s) for a given period of time. So if you used gaming and application to open TCP and UDP ports for your assigned IP adress, then when the IP changes, the application stops.
Access your router http://192.168.1.1 log in and go to port forwarding and open the ports that needs to be opened for your application, and check the timing in the status section. Note remove the settings you may have inserted in your gaming and application>ports>IP, only one application per port.
Check every detail of your router, the problem and solution are there.

the funny thing is, i dont know my name or password. When I set up my router i didn't set one, but its asking me for one, and when i leave it blank it still wont log me in. I've even tried my name/password for my SP and my computer.

to access it just type in your router model, like WRT54 (capital letters) and password; admin
When your in your routers setting, under the administration tab, you can change or use a password and in the setup tab, the name is the one you will see their. If it is blank, use one..your name! make it easy.

Well what I would do is start from scratch. Unplug your internet connection to the router and plug it in your PC and reboot. Check that the internet works properly.
Now take out your router CD, insert it and follow the instructions and verify every tab. In a wireless network, you will have a SSID name and you can have an encryption to protect your network, it could be WEP 64bit or 128bit. When you are going to make the encryption key, all you will need is a paraphrase (family name for instance) and it will generate the key. On the wireless PC, set it up so it will use the channel you will broadcast on, remember the SSID name and papaphrase that will unlock you wireless PC to the AP (access point)

Back
Top Bottom