IP fun stuff

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
Ok, a lot of time my zone alarm (dont know why zonealarm picks it up and not norton) picks up someone port scanning my computer. And sometimes it will give me an ip address of the person doing the port scanning. Now i know a person scanning for malicious purposes (hacking and not some other reason since its not illegal) could be logging into this ip from a remote location, and just use it so they dont get caught.

anyways, how do i find out if an attack zonealarm or port scanning is malicious? what are some popular ports hackers like to scan for? how exactly does a port scanner work (does a hacker just put an ip into the port scanner and it scans for weak ports?)? and how can i use an ip address that one of my virus protection software picks up to find out where its coming from?

hm,............ not relevant but.... does ip address cahnge everytime u log on? coz mine does?

and how many ports are there anways

millions one part of my question answered. Just wondering how people know which ones are good for their cause malicious or not

Back
Top Bottom