Gigabit LAN?

compychump

Baseband Member
Hi all.

I am torn between two motherboards: The Asus A7N8X E Deluxe socket A or the Abit NF7-S Revision2 socket A. I want to go with the Abit, however, for twenty dollars less I can by the Asus, and it comes with gigabit LAN. What I want to know is if I can buy a 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet adapter card for the NF7 S Rev2. What should I do??

it will, but mostlikley the asus is better quality, so i would go with asus, since it's cheaper in the first place

y do u want gigabit lan, u'll probably never use all the bandwidth and 100mbps is fast enough anyway!!

You think so Ardy? Some of my tech buddies say it is a must have. Is it hard to get the 1000mbps to work or something?

well no i just dont think you will ever utilize all of the bandwidth, just buy the abit one and save some money!!! 100mbs will do u fine!!

Actually, the Asus A7N8X E Deluxe is 20 dollars cheaper where I'm at: $144 as opposed to $164 (Those prices include tax. The Abit has to be specially ordered, so it costs a bit more. Shipping etc.)

If the price is less, doesn't mean the product is cheaper. When a product is sold a lot, the manufacturer can have lower price.
Buy the ASUS motherboard, no questions asked. Just access their website and you'll see all the support they have and intelligent software.
Not tell me, how many ISP presently have bandwidths in the 100 Gigs rang? Even if you have that type of internet card, will not make your connection faster!

Very true Zero4Zero. I think I am finally sold on the A7N8X E Deluxe. It's been a long haul though.

Back
Top Bottom