What exactly is Longhorn bringing to the table?

It isn't. Its just that Microsoft has pinned alot of hopes on Longhorn as the final destruction blow to GNU/Linux. Kinda like the Death Star in Star Wars. If GNU/Linux can defeat Longhorn in 2006 then Microsoft is in deep s***.

Well... Sort of, cos Windows has a very slow release cycle, if Longhorn fails then they're going to be open to attack for quite a number of years. They can't afford to risk that.

Well... at least four years with Blackcomb being released in 2010. Service Packs inbetween to fill in the release gaps. I think it will work; personally, from what I've seen of Longhorn it will keep the people who are teetering on the edge from dropping into the Abyss (represented by Emperor Tux and his band of devilish Balrogs of GNU). Possibly moving some old XP users back onto Longhorn. The others... they're unsaveable as they moved to Linux merely because they dislike Microsoft.

thats no help, this is a help website as u r obviously aware, where people help each other, i was merely askign a question but u had to just be stupid.

matt

Its too detailed to explain, i beleive you may want to try and collect your own information about it. If your too lazy to bother, then why be interested in PC's, no offence.. but yes we do help people but this is a mad peice of information no1 will some up for you.

you kind of contradictited urself there, "collect you own information about it" then u said "Wthis is a mad piece of information no1 will some up for you"

Once again, everyone apart from camers, cuz he wont even give me a vague idea what it is! What is 64bit and 32bit?

regards
matt

Back
Top Bottom