Processes

grtaylor76

Beta member
Hi I'm new here (not that it makes any difference).

Got bradband but comp. slowing down month-by-month (o.k. hands up it is 6 yrs old) but when you do ctrl+alt+del - just how many processes should be listed? I currently have 52 and suspect thats why its slow. Anyone know roughly which ones should be running?
Thanks

Welcome to CF!!!

Try defragging, or use spyware scanners. There are some pretty good ones like Spybot: Search & Destroy 1.3, Ad-Aware, SpywareBlaster and Microsoft Anti-Spyware. MS Anti-Spyware is still in Beta Release, but I DLed it and it works wonderfully.

EDIT>>> BTW all the ones I listed are all FREE!

Hey! How ya doing? BTW why do you always IM me on MSN when it says that I'm away?

Help

You can get a relativley new one for next to nothing now, have a look around, thats if you want to!!!!!

Also, click on the start menu, then click run and type in 'msconfig' then click on the 'startup' tag and look down the list of programs startup when you turn your computer on. This could also be a reason hwy it is running so slow. Unclick ones you do not recognise and ones you know are spyware. Do them one or two at a time though so if there is a problem you know which ones are causing it :D

Your best bet is a new pc.

Mine is nearly 5 years old and I'm getting a new one nest year.

They only last about 5 years
And welcome!

Back
Top Bottom