Favorate PC Game of 2004

Where is Far Cry?

1.)Half Life 2
2.)Far Cry
3.)UT2004
4.)BattleField: Vietnam
5.)Doom 3

I have only played the Xbox demo for Riddick but from what I saw it should probably be in the top 5.

As for 2005 the two games that should split top honors are Brothers in Arms and Battlefield 2.

Top 5 for me:

-Half-Life 2
-Doom 3
-Far Cry
-Halo 2
-Rome: Total War

Top for 2005:

-Brothers In Arms
-Battlefield 2
-Act of War

rakedog said:
they already have footage for unreal 3?

For Unreal Engine 3. If you havent seen the thing you are in for a suprise. The demoed it with the 6800 Ultra and the things looks amazing.

It would take too long to explain how the new engine will work but it has implemented some groundbreaking things. It will take games to the next level. As a sideffect it will increase to cost to make games. But...

is the cost increase because they have to put more time/more programmers designers into the game to create the engine??o well, if it looks that good! I can manage a few extra dollars

Well instead of making one gordon freeman they would have to make a low res and a high res model. The low res would be around 6000-1200 and the high res in the millions.

Then Unreal Engine 3 uses complex calculations to take the two models and make a normal map so the lower rex model looks like it has a ton more polygons. Thus the game looks absolutely incredible.

And since this technology is far superior than that which exist today, serious studios will use such things or simular and cost and time will go up in the production of the game.

These expensive will unfortunately be passed onto the consumer.

Back
Top Bottom