What are YOU listening to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i wouldnt pay for 6 songs at £12 so i downloaded like one song..since the rest are "OK".

Downloading is good if you're downloading from people who it doesn't matter on.

For instance - movie themes are completely fine as movies do not make their money from themes.

Husker Du (I'll avoid the umlauts since it messes up some boards), Schoenberg, Bob Dylan, some Bjork.

well singers are too greedy anyways.... and most of the songs energy is in the music not the vocals. its the producers and the people working the interuments or pro tools that really make the song have its sound. and they dotn get paid near enough as the singers do. they are the real feel behind it all.

I must strongly disagree. In the Rolling Stones the band would be nothing without Mick Jagger. Yes, Keith, Charlie and Ron make up a huge part. But Mick is a legend. He has a legendary voice. A song is completed by the person singing it. That's why Britney Spears sucks. She lip syncs.. and her voice sucks.

well its not who the singer is... its thier raw talent.

and the music make up teh biggest part. you can have the most lovely voice in the world, but if the music in teh background dont go with it well. the song is a flop.

I think they should be equally compensated.

Even better than talent in today's market is hype - if a major label backs you you'll make it no matter how good or bad you are. Hype sells, and money makes hype. Kind of a sad state of affairs, but that's how it is in today's profit-before-quality music biz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom