printer installation

Powprob

Beta member
So i got a problem, i have windows 2000 professional! and i'm trying to install a Lexmark Z65 (series "n" i think). So anyways when i try to install using the disc it says "C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Chosse 'Close' to terminate the application " when i click install.
Also when i try to install the printer in control panel\printers\addnew printer it says "printer driver was not installed, operation could not be completed" i'm not sure if this helps but when i pick the port i pick usb001, cause it connects to the computer through a usb cable.

So does anyone know how i can get the printer installed and working properly?? thx

With windows 2000, the NT drivers often does the job. If you don't have them on your CD, goto this site to locate it.
www.driverzone.com and download the NT drivers. Install it and then plug your printer, or if the installation program asks for it.

k i downloaded a driver then i opened setup and it said C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.

Re-reading your post, did you check that the US port you want to use is active! I've seen a computer that had a problem like that because in the BIOS the USB were not activated.
Also check in your device manage to make sure there are no conflicts in the USB root

Back
Top Bottom