Tv on PC

If you want TV on your PC and even use your TV as a desktop why no simply buy an ATI ALL-IN-WONDER card. YOu don't have to buy the most expensive one. Install it, insert the CD for the software installation and plug in your TV cable to it and it will scan for you channels, get you up to date TV listings for your area and you even be able to record with it. You would like to have HDTV, well ATI sells an adapter that will take care of that.
Finally, since this video card as well as having TV-in, has TV out, you can get a coax with screw type RCA connector and you can link you PC to your TV. The software if there and it is so easy; like watching your downloaded movies directly on your TV. The more advanced ATI ALL-IN-WONDER permits you to share your viewing capability with other computers on your network. So, you can have everybody on your network watch TV or a DVD movie from your computer, very pleasant.

that is nice. I will consider your reasoning too. How is the ATI all in wonder perform in gaming? That's why I kind of want to keep these components separate by getting a high end video card, and just a regular TV card so I can plug cable into the back. That way, when I'm playing UT or Doom3, I can get everything out of it. As for the TV part, as long as i get a clear reception that's all I care about. Just to watch the news/funny sitcoms late night or something.

Well, it depends on your budget. There are different models on ATI ALL IN WONDER, and some with up to 256 Meg DDR and extremely fast, but it costs a couple of hundred $$. As for the TV on your PC, it is crystal clear (on my 19" LCD), and with the AIW I can watch the TV from my computer on my TV! Just like a can use it to watch movies. The model I have has a remote control, and since my computer is in the same room as my TV, my monitor becomes like a second TV. I just lay on my couch looking back where I see my monitor, and I have wireless headphone connected to it, so there is no sound interference. Like PIP, but better.

Back
Top Bottom