Really Annoying Problem!!!

99nasha

Fully Optimized
Ive spent a fortune on the BT help line because of this problem and nothing has yet to work! After hours on the phone, I got internet explore going and then immediatley logged on to hotmail. But to my dissapointment it came up with the famous "page can not be displayed" I tried again and nothing worked. But I noticed the page wasnt even loading and it was doing it straight away. I reinstalled internet explorer. Still didnt work. I updated internet explorer. Still didnt work. May i point out it was doing this on every password website- ebay, hotmail etc. Norton anit-virus is disabled and I cant think of anything else to do about it.

Any ideas?

Cheers

99nasha

Yes, what type of connection and also, if you have a firewall, did you give it permission to acess the internet.
Or you may have an IP address issue. Crash you PC wait a minute or so, and then let you computer restart and do its' thing. Once you have the windows back, try again.
Give more details if you want help. Maybe you telephone or modem cable is unplugged. Have you tried pinging yourself?

Its an ISDN line if you know what that is. 64kpbs.

Ive disabled the firewall and it didnt do anything.

What do you mean by "crash" the computer? Ive talked to the guy on the phone and he says that there is no problem with my connection but there is a problem with the browser itself.

look in tools-internet options, then see what is listed as your home page. please let us know.

Uninstall and reinstall internet explorer and same for antirus.

Don't spend money on BT helplines when there are free suppourt sites like these.

Also try system restore.

As said before I have tried reinstalled internet explorer. What is a system restore?

Ive installed fire fox and that doesnt work either? I havent been on my email account for months which is incredbly frustrating

Back
Top Bottom